This Rosemary Sea Salt Flatbread is the perfect appetizer or side dish to serve with dinner! It’s golden, delicious, crispy on the outside and soft & chewy on the inside. The dough is lightly fried in olive oil and topped with fresh rosemary & sea salt. Yum!
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated classic pizza crust (not thin)
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- coarse sea salt, for topping
- Roll out pizza dough to approximately a 12×15-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 equal 3-inch squares.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot (about a minute), swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. If the oil doesn’t swirl easily, it’s not quite hot enough yet.
- Add 3-4 pieces of dough to the hot oil. They should sizzle a little. Cook until golden, about 60 seconds per side. Use a spatula to flip. Press down on the dough with the spatula to evenly brown.
- Remove the bread immediately to a plate and sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt. Repeat for remaining batches, adding more olive oil to the pan if necessary. You just need enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Serve warm.
Keywords: flatbread recipe, easy bread recipe, best bread recipe, easy appetizer recipe, easy side dish, easy appetizer for party, best appetizer recipe, best side dish