This delicious Ham and Cheese Gnocchi is essentially baked mac and cheese! A mouth-watering dish that’s made in about 15 minutes – it doesn’t get better than that!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 12 oz ham, diced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, or Pepper Jack)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden brown. Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, stir well, and cover and cook for 5 minutes until the gnocchi is tender. Stir in the peas, cream, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!!
Keywords: easy gnocchi recipe, best gnocchi recipe, homemade gnocchi, how to make gnocchi, easy dinner recipes beginners, easy dinner recipes for family, easy dinner recipes healthy, easy family dinner, quick and easy dinner, quick and easy dinner recipe