This Shepherd’s Pie with Roasted Potatoes couldn’t be easier to make! Bursting with all your favorite Shepherd’s Pie flavors, this is a delicious dinner for the whole family.
- 8 red new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1.5 cups diced onion
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- Rinse and dice potatoes into bite-sized chunks and toss with melted butter, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and microwave for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the meat and onion in an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary and return to skillet. Stir in the flour until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add the broth and Worcestershire and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots and simmer until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon each.
- Scatter the cooked potatoes over the meat and broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Keywords: easy shepherd's pie, best shepherd's pie recipe, easy shepherd's pie recipe, best shepherd's pie recipe, cottage pie, cottage pie recipe, easy healthy dinner idea, easy healthy dinner recipe, easy dinner recipe for family