These Snickers Cupcakes with Chocolate Mousse Filling are wonderfully decadent and full of Snickers flavors! An easy dessert to whip up that’s sure to impress and satisfy.
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 small box Jello Chocolate Fudge instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners. To prepare the cupcakes, place the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk and sour cream into stand mixer. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Scoop the batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick comes clean from center. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and let cool.
- To prepare the mousse, melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream with a stand or electric mixer until it looks like whipped cream and stiff peaks form. Fold melted chocolate chips into whipped cream until well combined, then transfer batches into a piping bag. When cupcakes have cooled, press the tip of the piping bag into the center of the cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Squeeze the mousse into the cupcake while pulling the tip out. It doesn’t take much, just one firm squeeze is perfect. Continue filling all the cupcakes.
- To prepare the frosting, beat the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla until well combined and a nice frosting consistency. Spread over cupcakes then top with chopped Snickers.
Keywords: chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes recipe, chocolate cupcakes with filling, chocolate cupcake filling, cupcake filling recipe, best chocolate cupcakes, homemade cupcakes recipe, homemade cupcakes