These tall & fluffy Cinnamon Nutmeg Waffles are my current obsession. Let the warm, rich smell of cinnamon & nutmeg grace your kitchen and then your taste buds. Heck yes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugars and spices. In another bowl beat together the eggs and melted butter, then add the buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter onto the iron according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Close iron top and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from iron.
Keywords: cinnamon waffles, homemade waffles, waffle batter recipe, how to make waffle batter, fluffy waffle recipe, fluffy waffles, waffles from scratch, waffles recipe from scratch, how to make waffles from scratch