These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Mini Donuts are a fun and delicious dessert. This recipe makes 36 mini donuts – they’re the perfect treat for parties!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat donut pans with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and egg. Then add banana, oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps. Transfer batter to a piping bag, or to a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off.
- Carefully fill each donut indentation 3/4 full. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched. Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Place wax paper under a wire rack to collect any drippings for an easy cleanup. Then, in a small bowl, wish together peanut butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Slowly add 1 tablespoon milk, whisking constantly until you get a smooth frosting. Add remaining tablespoon of milk and / or sugar if needed to get the right consistency.
- Dip the top of each donut into the frosting and transfer to a wire rack. Then dip the top of each donut into the chocolate chips and press to coat. Donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days but are best when eaten fresh.
Keywords: mini donuts recipe, homemade donuts, homemade donuts recipe, homemade doughnuts recipe, homemade doughnuts, mini doughnuts recipe, how to make doughnuts, best doughnuts recipe