These easy Chess Squares are a simple and comforting Southern dessert! Flaky and buttery, this sweet treat goes perfectly with tea or coffee.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 and spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg to a soft dough. Press into the bottom of the pan.
- Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 mins. Pour on top of crust.
- Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown.
Keywords: chess squares, chess squares recipe, southern dessert, pastry recipe, easy dessert recipe, simple dessert, simple dessert recipe, best dessert recipe, quick and easy recipe