Cheesy Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Quesadillas are an awesome weeknight meal! They’re loaded with so many delicious flavors, you won’t be able to eat just one!
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 medium-sized flour tortilla shells
- 1 avocado, diced
- mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Arrange bacon on a cooling rack (like for cookies) and set it on top of sheet pan. If you don’t have a cooling rack, you can just put the bacon straight on the sheet pan. Or in a 9×13 baking dish. Either way will work. Place bacon in a cold oven, turn heat to 400, and cook about 15 mins per side, until crispy.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon bacon grease (or olive oil) to a skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and saute about 2-3 mins until softened. Add the chicken in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 mins or until chicken is golden and cooked through, flipping just once during cooking. Remove the chicken and scallions to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Add about 1/2 tablespoon butter to the skillet over medium heat. When foamy, add a tortilla and swirl it around to get it nice and buttery. Layer one side of the tortilla with chicken, bacon, avocado, and a little cheese. Use tongs to flip the other half of the tortilla over and press down. Cook the tortilla for about 1-2 mins on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, adding a little more butter for each tortilla as needed. Eat & enjoy!
Keywords: chicken quesadillas recipe, chicken quesadillas recipe easy, best chicken quesadillas recipe, best chicken quesadillas, easy chicken quesadillas, chicken quesadillas, best quesadillas recipe, easy quesadillas recipe, homemade quesadillas