I am about to show you The Best Guacamole Recipe in the world. Made with lemon, lime, jalapeno and much more, this delicious dip will rock your socks off!
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 plum or roma tomatoes
- 3 hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Peel and quarter a red onion and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until coarsely chopped. Remove the seeds from a jalapeno, then cut into 4 pieces and add to bowl. Add the cilantro and pulse a few more times until coarsely chopped. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds, and add to the bowl. Pulse a few more times until finely chopped.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh into a separate bowl. Add the lemon and lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin if desired.
- Add all but one cup of the onion mixture to the avocados and stir with a fork until just combined. I prefer to leave my guacamole a little chunky. Add more of the onion mixture if desired. I usually use all but 1/2-1 cup of the mixture. Set out the remaining onion mixture (pico de gallo) for dipping chips or topping on tacos.
Keywords: the best guacamole recipe, homemade guacamole recipe, easy guacamole recipe, homemade guacamole, how to make guacamole, guac recipe, how to make guac