These Southwestern Chicken Cups are such a cute, quick and easy dinner recipe! They’re perfect for serving to guests and they make great snacks for a party!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen diced bell pepper and onion mix (or 1 cup each, fresh)
- 2 cups corn kernals (canned, fresh, or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 12 oz (2 cups) cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a standard-size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is very hot, carefully add the onions, bell peppers, salt. If you’re using frozen corn, add it now. If you’re using canned or fresh corn, add it later with the beans. Cook the veggies, stirring occasionally, until slightly blackened on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add the beans, chicken, and pepper. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each cup in the prepared muffin tin. Add 1-2 tablespoons of chicken mixture and top with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Layer on one more wonton wrapper, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes, until heated through and edges are golden.
Keywords: southwestern chicken, easy baked chicken recipe, easy chicken dinner recipe, easy chicken dinner, quick chicken dinner, chicken dinner idea, healthy chicken dinner idea, best chicken recipe