Dark chocolate pie with a layer of salted caramel and an Oreo cookie crust.
- 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate chips
- Flaky salt like kosher salt or fleur de sel
- Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor or blender. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
- Combine remaining 8 tablespoons butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until smooth. Cool caramel about 15 minutes. Pour the caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for about 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. (You don’t want the caramel to fully freeze.)
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel and freeze for a final 30 minutes, until just chilled and set. OR refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle the top with a flaky sea salt like kosher salt or Fleur De Sel.
Keywords: chocolate pie, chocolate pie recipe, oreo pie, oreo pie crust, caramel pie