This quick fix Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice recipe could not be any easier. There’s only 4 ingredients! Plus, everything cooks in the same skillet – even the rice – so you only have to wash one dish. Super simple to throw together on a busy weeknight!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice (not instant)
- 2 cups broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season generously with salt and pepper. In a large pot or dutch oven (something with a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer and cook until the outside is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the rice, salsa verde, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is tender. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken and rice, chicken and rice recipe, easy chicken and rice, easy rice recipe, easy chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner recipe, quick and easy dinner, quick and easy dinner recipe, quick and easy recipe