This amazing recipe for Red Beans and Rice could not be any quicker or easier! It’s hearty, healthy, and the flavors are incredible.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg (14 oz) smoked sausage
- 1 can red beans
- Zatarains Creole Seasoning
- Add the rice, water and salt to a sauce pan with a lid. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the sausage and drain the juice from the red beans. Add 2-3 tablespoon olive oil to to a large skillet and begin heating over medium heat. Add the sausage, give a sprinkling of creole seasoning and stir occasionally for about 7 mins until the sausages start to get browned on both sides. Add the red beans and stir until warmed through.
- Serve the beans and sausage over the rice. Add extra creole seasoning if desired at the table.
Keywords: easy red beans and rice, easy red beans and rice recipe, red beans and rice recipe, best red beans and rice recipe, red beans and rice, how to make red beans and rice