This one-pot Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake is the perfect comination of your two favorite Italian dinners – pizza and pasta! It’s a completely fail-proof dinner recipe.
- 1 cup sausage, browned and drained (I used Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Basil, Garlic, and Oregano diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella or Italian-blend cheese
- extra pepperoni for topping
- Add sausage, pepperoni, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta and water to a large, 12-inch skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Top evenly with cheese and extra pepperoni slices. Broil until the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Keywords: pizza pasta, pizza pasta bake, pizza casserole, pizza casserole recipe, pasta bake dishes, pasta casserole, pasta casserole recipe, best pasta recipe, baked pasta recipe