A delicious, easy homemade Hamburger Helper recipe you can make in less than 20 minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
- 1 pound lean hamburger meat
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth (or water)
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies (or petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown and drain hamburger meat. Stir in taco seasoning, Rotel, beef broth, and macaroni. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer 12-14 mins until macaroni is tender.
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook, whisking for 5 minutes until fragrant and light brown in color. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted. Add the salt and pepper to the cheese sauce.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the hamburger mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Keywords: hamburger recipes, hamburger meat recipes, homemade hamburger helper, easy hamburger recipes, easy ground beef recipes