This Grilled Chicken Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce recipe always tastes like it was made by a professional chef! Luckily, this is one dish that anyone can pull off!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat grill for medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high heat for 6-8 mins each side. OR heat 2 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter and olive oil is nice and hot, add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side. Set chicken aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tablespoon salt. Add 1/2 pound penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 1 minute). Add the chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce by half. Meanwhile, slice chicken.
- Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low. Chop the parsley and basil, add to sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir well to coat. Serve pasta on plates, top with sliced chicken.
Keywords: chicken pasta recipe, easy chicken pasta recipe, healthy chicken pasta recipe, chicken penne, grilled chicken pasta, tomato cream sauce, tomato sauce recipe, homemade tomato sauce recipe, homemade tomato sauce