These Gooey Salted Caramel Vanilla Butter Cookies are to die for. The vanilla butter cookie is decadently soft and buttery, so it melts in your mouth! Luxurious pools of gooey salted caramel join in to send this delicious dessert over the top!
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt or Fleur De Sel
- Add 2/3 cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy. Add flour and beat on low speed until well combined. Shape dough into 1.5-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make an indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm or up to 72 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake cookies directly from refrigerator for 8-10 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, you may need to press them down again slightly in the center to make a good shallow pool for the sauce. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the salted caramel sauce. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking and stirring for one minute. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in whipping cream until smooth. Cool for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce into center of each cookie. Let the caramel set about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, like kosher salt or Fleur De Sel.
Keywords: salted caramel recipe, vanilla cookies recipe, butter cookies recipe, best cookies recipe, homemade cookies, homemade cookies recipe, easy cookies recipe, caramel dessert, caramel recipe