Dutch Butter Cake (Boterkoek) is a famous, soft, buttery cake from the Netherlands.
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the flour, sugar, and salt until just combined. Don’t overmix. Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden. The middle will still VERY gooey, but the cake is definitely done at this point. Allow to cool completely before removing foil from pan and cutting into squares.
If you want to use salted butter, just omit the salt from this recipe.
Keywords: dutch butter cake, dutch butter cake recipe, boterkoek, boterkoek recept, butter cake recipe