This creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta is out of this world! Salsa verde and gooey pepper jack cheese kick this chicken pasta over the top. Made in just one dish, it’s perfect in every single way!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the chicken and 1 cup of cheese to the skillet. Stir until smooth and creamy. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and broil in the oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!! :)
Keywords: salsa verde recipe, easy chicken pasta recipe, best chicken pasta recipe, chicken pasta recipe, creamy chicken pasta recipe, creamy pasta recipe, easy pasta recipe, easy pasta recipe with chicken, best pasta recipe