This Classic Chicken Parmigiana recipe is simple and comforting. Lightly breaded chicken breast, pasta, marinara sauce and fresh mozarella & parmesan cheese. YUM!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb noodles – angel hair, spaghetti, linguine, etc
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3–4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6–8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Layer chicken between wax paper and pound breasts to even thickness. Whisk together flour, parmesan cheese, salt, and steak seasoning in a medium bowl. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large pot of water and bring to boil. Boil noodles according to package. Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Pour in tomatoes and sugar. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and continue simmering for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has simmered, stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Lower heat and keep sauce warm. Add in basil and 1 tablespoon parsley and stir well just before serving. Heat butter & olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 4-5 mins each side until the crust is golden brown.
- To serve: Spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle on parsley. Add noodles to the plate and cover with sauce. Generously cover the sauce on the noodles with parmesan cheese, and sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese on the chicken. Let stand until the mozzarella cheese on the chicken has melted from the heat of the sauce.
Keywords: easy chicken parmesan recipe, easy chicken parmigiana recipe, chicken parmesan recipe pasta, chicken parmesan recipe with pasta, homemade chicken parm, how to make chicken parm, easy chicken parm, easy chicken parm recipe