These Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Eggnog Muffins are the perfect sweet breakfast or dessert recipe. These tasty treats are packed full of your favorite fall flavors!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup eggnog (or buttermilk)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or the seeds from one vanilla bean)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Cinnamon Streusel Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon eggnog (or milk)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with liners.
- Add butter, sugar, eggnog and bananas to the workbowl of a mixer. Beat until well combined and bananas are mashed, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined, another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into muffin tins.
For the Cinnamon Streusel Crumb Topping
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cold butter with a knife or pastry cutter until moist and crumbly. Generously sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with moist pieces clinging to it.
For the Eggnog Glaze
- Melt the butter with the eggnog, then whisk in 1 cup powdered sugar. Pour over warm muffins. Enjoy!!
You can substitute the eggnog with milk or buttermilk if you prefer.
Keywords: breakfast muffins, banana bread muffins, easy banana bread muffins, chocolate chip banana bread muffins, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip muffins recipe, best muffins recipe