This Chicken Fajita Pasta is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe. Everything cooks in one pot and is done in 15 minutes. The whole family will love this Chicken Fajita Pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco or fajita seasoning (I use this Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 2 cups diced bell peppers (2–3 bell peppers)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with half of taco seasoning. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, carefully add the chicken in a single layer and cook without stirring until one side is seared and browned, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the chicken to the other side and cook until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet with the heat still on high. When the oil is very hot again, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are slightly blackened. Turn heat to low, add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds. Remove the veggies to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, cream, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with buttery garlic bread and enjoy!
Keywords: fajita recipe chicken, fajita recipe with chicken, chicken fajita recipe, fajita recipe seasoning, fajita pasta, chicken pasta, chicken pasta recipe, pasta dinner