This Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is perfect for weeknight family dinners! It goes so well with everything and it’s made in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the tenderloin flap of the chicken breast over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken on all sides. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the broth and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
Keywords: chicken cordon bleu recipe, easy chicken cordon bleu, how to make chicken cordon bleu, easy chicken breast recipe, best chicken breast recipe, easy chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner recipe, weeknight recipe, the best chicken recipe