November 18, 2009

My Weight Loss Story { Before & After Photos }

Some of you have noticed (and thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)) that Kevin and I have lost some weight recently…

I have been putting off writing this post because I don’t want to seem like I’m bragging or fishing for compliments… But I wanted to share my story, because before all this, I really wanted to lose weight and I just didn’t think I could do it. But now that I know I can and know how to do it, if sharing how I did it helps just one person, it’ll totally make it worth putting it all out there! :)

I had been wanting to lose some weight recently- these past couple of years I put on a few “happily married” pounds! :) But I just honestly had no clue how to really lose weight.

I had always heard platitudes of simply “Diet and exercise!” – but it just seemed so overwhelming without the details, especially since I’d never done it before!

See, I tried dieting, but I really wasn’t good at anything too restrictive. I hated feeling like I was depriving myself. I knew I wouldn’t stick with something like that. Two years ago, I really got serious. I did the Couch to 5K program. I went from completely sedentary to walking and then eventually running a 5K 3-4 days a week. I cut back my calories (although apparently not enough, because I didn’t really know how much to cut) and cut back on sweets, too. I was really, really good for the full program- 8 weeks.

And I didn’t lose a single pound.

I didn’t lose any inches either, for what it’s worth.

After that, I pretty much gave up. I figured if I couldn’t lose weight by “diet and exercise!” – then I felt like I just couldn’t do it on my own!

Recently I was talking with a couple of my friends and they were having success with Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig type diets- the kind where they send you the food. Both of them saw results on the scale the very first week! And I would read updates on their blogs and they were consistently losing weight every week.

After my previous experience of trying it on my own and not losing a single pound- even after 8 weeks, I really thought the only way I could lose weight was through a program that sent you food.

I wasn’t quite ready to do something like that though. Mostly because they were so expensive! I didn’t want to spend that kind of money. But also because I had Kevin to think about- I didn’t want to leave him to fend for himself while I was dieting, but I also didn’t want to cook dinner for him and not be able to eat it either! :) And also I was a little worried about the taste- and could I really eat boxed food only for that long?? And how would I survive in the “real world” with real food? Would I really learn anything?

Then someone said something about the Nutrisystem diet that really stuck with me.

She said the Nutrisystem diet was a “1200 calories per day diet. Nothing more to see here.Nothing more to see here – that really stuck with me. I don’t know, did I really think the boxed diet foods they sent you were super specially formulated to help you lose weight?? :laugh: Or something?? lol. I’m not sure. :)

About this time the new Healthy Choice commercials (with Julia Louis Dreyfus) were airing *all the time*. So I thought, hey, if I really wanted to give one of these type diets a try, I could do it myself with Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine foods, etc. Just to see if it would really work. This is something I can do- I could try it for one week. I can keep track of my calories. I didn’t know if I had the discipline to count/track my calories, but having the frozen meals would help and it would only be for a week. I can do this. It will be worth it if actually works!

So the first week, here’s what I did…

Breakfast – 200 calories – I had my regular cereal that I always ate for breakfast, Oat Cluster Cheerios Crunch. (Won’t be giving that up any time soon! ;)) But this time I used a measuring scoop for the cereal and milk (3/4 cup of cereal and 3/4 cup 2% milk) so I knew exactly how many calories I was getting.

Lunch – 300-400 calories – For lunch I would have a frozen “diet” meal, like Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, or Smart Ones. There were a ton of Smart Ones meals that I really liked! :) I also really like the Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza. Or sometimes I would just have another bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit. If it was one of those days. ;)

Dinner – 400-600 calories – Dinner would be harder, I thought. I still wanted to be able to cook dinner for us at night- but what a PAIN it would be to figure out the calories in every single ingredient I used, add them all up, divide it by the number of servings the dish made, BLAH! I would never have the patience to do all that!! But then I found a tool called Recipe Analysis at CalorieCount.com. All I had to do was copy and paste my recipe into the site, put in the number of servings it makes and it calculates everything! It told me exactly how many calories were in a serving- and having to put in the number of servings helped me know how much to put on my plate!

Dessert/Snacks – 200 calories – I often had extra calories left over for dessert or an afternoon snack. There are a whole range of *delicious* single-serving sized desserts and treats out there that I had *no* clue about!! :) I hate to even call these desserts “low calorie” or “diet” because they do *not* taste that way. At all. They are delicious. My absolutely favorite? Weight Watcher’s Fudge Brownie Ice Cream. Oh my- It comes in a single serving 6oz cup- and it is *extremely* decadent and filling. And guess what. Only 140 calories. Oh yeah. Other favorites are Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches (BIG sandwich for only 140 calories), Weight Watcher’s Giant Latte Bars (huge ice cream bar, tastes better than anything at Starbucks, and only 90 calories), and Weight Watcher’s Giant Cookies & Cream Bar (kinda like a Nestle Crunch Bar, 140 calories). And best of all, I could find it all at my regular grocery store (Kroger or Publix).

So now I could pretty easily figure out exactly how many calories I was eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts/snacks.

For a week I stuck to the whole 1200 calories a day thing. I tracked my calories on SparkPeople.net so I wouldn’t lose count during the day.

At the end of the first week I had lost 2.2 lbs.

I had *never* seen results like that before with anything else I’d tried. Seeing those results on the scale at the end of the week was enough encouragement for me to stick with it!

After 11 weeks, I had lost 20 lbs. And to date, I have lost a total 30 pounds.

I went from a size 10/12 to a size 4/6.

It’s been about 5.5 months since I started- Kevin joined in about 9 weeks ago and eats 1500-1600 calories a day. He’s lost 23 lbs so far! :) It’s really nice to have a calorie counting partner, and I’m so proud of the healthy choices he’s making- he’s started running at the gym at work during his lunch hour and ordering vegetables as side items instead of fries when he eats lunch at the cafeteria.

Some other things I did that I think helped make a difference?

The first, and probably most important thing- I switched to drinking only water. Since June 1st, I have had nothing to drink but water. Honestly, this was probably the hardest thing I did. I mean really, does anyone really ENJOY drinking tons of water?? I know I didn’t. It took probably 6-8 weeks before I didn’t reach over for my glass of water and wish it was something else! But now I can honestly say that I don’t miss it at all- and I actually crave water now! I feel healthier now that I’m drinking more water, and I have gotten several compliments on my skin lately- I didn’t really put two and two together until someone mentioned that it might be because of all the water I’m drinking now. But maybe so!

Another thing- and I don’t think this has anything to do with my weight loss, but it certainly has made me feel tons better- I started taking a multi-vitamin. Now I absolutely hate, hate, hate taking pills. Especially those giant horse pills they call multi-vitamins. And especially every day! Won’t do it. So what’s a girl to do? I found One-A-Day Vita Craves! :) They’re like fruit snacks!! Now the name is deceiving because you actually get to eat 2 of them a day (yes, I said *get* :)). And I have to say… They’re delicious! :blush: They taste like the sweet, chewy fruit snacks of my youth. :) My favorite is the sour gummies. I just keep the bottle on the table and take them after dinner so I don’t forget. But I wouldn’t forget because I actually really look forward to taking them every day! lol! It’s like a little sour fruit snack! lol! And I can definitely tell- they have made a huge difference. Everyone has noticed how much more *energy* I have now!

And one other thing I changed- and this one my doctor got on me about doing- I started eating *more* during the day and *less* at night. I used to be really bad about getting busy during the day and forgetting to eat- and then eating all my calories at night. “Running on empty all day, then filling the tank up before putting it in the garage at night” as my doctor put it. It was hard at first because I am usually not hungry *at all* first thing in the morning. But now I try to balance my calories throughout the day and not eat anything within 4 hours of going to bed- and I’ve noticed that now I am hungry first thing in the morning and it’s easier to get more calories in during the day now! :)

What’s been so great about doing it this way is that it’s something I can do myself- and anyone can do it. And it’s FREE! :) It doesn’t cost a thing. And I still get to eat all the foods I enjoy. We spent a week at the beach this summer and I ate what I wanted. It was indulgent and delicious, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The difference this time was that the “free for all” eating ended when I got home- and the next day I was right back on track. I am counting calories, but I’m still happy and able to enjoy myself without feeling deprived. I give myself one “cheat” meal a week- if Kevin and I want to go out to a new restaurant, or have dinner with friends, or have company over and make all those ridiculously sinful desserts you’ve been seeing me post about… :) It’s okay- I don’t stress out about it, or worry about the calories. All those things I’ve posted, I’ve been able have! It’s definitely not an every day or even an every week thing- but after counting calories and not cheating all week, it’s okay (and even good!) to give yourself a little reward. ;)

Now here are the obligatory before & after pics. ;)

30-pounds-weightloss-before-and-after

25 lbs weight loss before and after pictures

30 lb weight loss Before and After pics - Face

If you have any questions about what I did, please don’t hesitate to ask- I’d love to help in any way I can. :)

Edited to Add: Check out comments #23 and #117 for some of my answers to your questions! :)

Thanks so much for looking!

You Might Also Like:

See More Posts About: My Weight Loss Story

Brittany November 27, 2009 at 2:02 am

Amanda,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

Like you, I participated in a rigorous exercise program, and did not lose weight. After becoming very frustrated and disappointed, I gave up.

I have a lot to lose, and it is overwhelming.
Having read how simple your modifications were, I am willing to give it another go. The links that you provided look like they will be fab tools as well.

Thank you for being transparent about your weight loss.
You looked beautiful before, but, now, you are radiant! Congratulations!

Paula November 27, 2009 at 9:28 pm

This is so inspiring – thank you for being so honest and real about it. I tried NutriSystem. I did lose weight but I also lost interest FAST. It was hard making a meal for myself, then a meal for my hubby, then another for my kids. I gotta give up the candy though – my weakness. Thanks for the inspiration and tips. You look amazing!!!

Rasha Gardner November 28, 2009 at 12:56 am

You look ABSOLUTELY amazing, and I so need to do this. I am going to try!!

Megan November 29, 2009 at 5:20 am

Wow, I just have to say Thank You! So much of your story reminds me of myself. I have been doing the couch to 5k running plan for the last month and have seen 0 weight loss. I can’t stand restrictive diets and when I tried the plan where I counted points I became obsessed with the point value of every food. I love 2% milk (I was raised on it) and detest fat free. I have been struggling with my weight for about 6 years and *avoided* having pictures taken for the last year. I would consider myself at an ultimate low and my weight at an ultimate high. What you shared brought tears to my eyes because it sounded so familiar, but you have done it, and that brought me hope. I was beginning to feel so deflated. I didn’t think there would be a way out without spending lots of money. But I can see where you are coming from, and I can see myself doing the same thing. I am going to do it. I am going to try again. Thank You!

May November 29, 2009 at 5:54 am

I don’t really have much time to exercise outside b/c I get home late everyday. I am thinking of getting one of those exercise programs for the Wii. You mentioned the Wii Fit and the Wii EA. I guess to burn calories I need one that has mostly cardio. I have seen these and the Wii Fit Plus as well as the Wii Fitness (I think that is the one that comes with a trainer). Anyway, which do you (or anyone elese that reads this) recommend for cardio? I need to lose about 40 lbs.

Thanks.

PS. You look amazing :-)

Julie November 29, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. You sound an awful lot like me. There have been three-four times in the past few years I have wanted to lose weight (about 10-25) but would have been thrilled with 5! I would run 2-3 miles daily and watch what I ate and NOTHING. I decided I just was tis certain number on the scale my body liked. But now my weight is slowly creeping up, so I am willing to give your plan a try. I think it could really work because I know I eat more calories than that now! But I can be discliplned–I just give it up when I don’t see results. Wish me luck! You look so happy and great! GFY! :)

Therese November 30, 2009 at 1:54 pm

You look fantastic. Congrats on losing weight. I’d blog about it too!

Ellen November 30, 2009 at 3:36 pm

You look awesome! You have totally helped in inspiring me to “pay attention”-to what is going in my mouth & the calorie intake & remembering to eat as well!

Megan {Shabby Blogs} December 1, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Well now it’s official. There really is nothing you can’t do. :) So awesome, Amanda! I totally thought you were gorgeous before though- just FYI. ;)

PS. Totally fun getting to see the famous scarf in action!

Rebecca I. December 2, 2009 at 8:20 am

Amanda,
I just love hearing motivating success stories like this. I have struggled with my weight too & have made it a personal goal to not follow in the footsteps of my family members that are overweight. Keep up the good work & I also love your blog! If you are interested in my before & after, check out http://teambeachbody.com/iowagirl69 :) Thanks for sharing your story & keep us posted!
Rebecca

Monica Sharpe December 3, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I’ve been in the same boat for 6 months now, trying to lose your baby weight is so difficult. I’m officially starting this diet regimen today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already have all my lean cuisines/weight watcher meals, it’s time to get busy!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!

Dawn Farias December 4, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Amanda – you are so sweet to share what you did. It’s nice to get a real person’s view of losing weight. For what it’s worth (and in my opinion, this is worth a lot): a single serving of Hershey’s Nuggets is exactly 200 calories. That’s four pieces!! And if you buy the variety bag that means you can have one of each style!

Thanks, again. I’m just starting this week to watch my food and exercise more. I’ve cut out caffeine (more because I heard it helps with mood stabilization) and extra sugar. I drink diet drinks (Crystal Light) and am hoping to switch to only water next week. I’ll try to remember your 6-8 weeks experience. I’m eating regular meals with protein each time… OK – that’s enough. Again, thanks for sharing!

scrappinkay December 5, 2009 at 9:55 pm

I just came upon your site. I totally need to lose 30lbs in two months. I have never had to diet, I have exercised off and on over the years. I have two kids and have the belly bulge and the layers of fat on top of that. I weight 150 and would like to weight 120 but 130 is probably more realistic. I have never weighed this much unless I was pregnant.

My problem is that once I put it in my head that I need to lose weight, my head starts playing games big time with me and I want the food even more. I have an eliptical machine that don’t use very often, I can only be on it for about 15 minutes and my left foot falls asleep. I have tried all kinds of shoes, no shoes, house shoes and it’s always the same.

I’d love some inspiration and guidance from you. Sweets and carbs are my weakness. I eat whole oatmeal every day for breakfast, 4 days out of 7 I have a half of PB sandwich for lunch. Snacking and sweets are my total downfall.

You are so frickin cute, your complexion is beautiful, you just have such a glow about you.

Thanks for sharing your story and for letting me tell mine.

Lisa Marie December 6, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Sparks Rocks I lost 29lbs on sparks its the best went from a 14 to a 7 at 5 foot 8 inches… love love love it… :) GREAT JOB… :)

Jessica December 7, 2009 at 12:31 am

I can’t believe that I missed this post, but I’m so glad that I noticed it today. I can’t tell you how much of an inspiration all of this is – every bit of it! I’ve tried “counting calories”, but thinking about it was as far as I got because I couldn’t help but think that it wouldn’t really help me lose weight. I’ve been wanting to get back to doing the 30 Day Shred, but it’s not always something that I have time for, since I’m so busy. It’ll be nice to hope on the counting calories wagon with more confidence…

Rachel December 7, 2009 at 9:53 am

Thank you sooo much for posting your tips and weight lo9ss success! :D I recently started dieting (which I like to call my “health program for life” instead of dieting for encouragement and long term goals). I have thyroid disease, so now that I am on a pill to help control my thyroid, I have been able to lose weight! :) I lost 9 pounds, but then gained a few pounds around Thanksgiving week (not for over eating, but for eating foods with too many calories). I have been exercising like a maniac and I have seen soo much improvement in my health! :) It’s still discouraging for me some days since I’m at the beginning and all, but I keep going, knowing that it’s not just some weight loss thing for a couple of weeks, but the rest of my life. If I keep going, I WILL lose the weight. :) Anyway, your story was sooo encouraging to me! :D And your tips were great! :) Keep up the good work! You and your husband both! ;)

Blessings!
~Miss Rachel~

Cheryl Ann December 8, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Congratulations on a job well done! I have a lot of weight to lose, and have some of the same problems you had. I joined a gym in October and have been going four times a week with my husband. BUT not one pound of weight loss. I do have thyroid deficiency and take medication for it. My blood pressure went down, it was a little high, and now is is 122/67. We have almost eliminated late evening snacking to no avail. So obviously it is my calories, and I too tend to skip eating most of the day and I am starved at supper.

I have a couple of questions for you. First, do you ONLY drink water? Never anything else? And second, do you reduce the size of the recipes you cook for two or do you make the whole thing and freeze it or what?

And lastly, I have a recipe site you might like. You can enter in ANY recipe and it will give you a complete nutritional breakdown, you can reduce a recipe and it will give you the ingredients, and you can SAVE your favorite recipes. It is http://www.recipezaar.com/ and it has LOTS of recipes!

You DO look younger! You already looked young, but now you look better! Thanks so much for reminding me it is really important to look at your calories, especially since so many low carb or low fat diets insist you don’t need to count calories only carbs or fat. That way of thinking has permeated the diet world in spite of doctors trying to tell us it wasn’t the best way to diet. The best diet is one that is good for you and you can live with every single day of the rest of your life!

Remember my favorite quote:

“Keep doing what you’re doing and keep getting what you’ve got!”

That can be looked at positively or negatively; both good for you and/or bad for you. But it is a simple truth.

THANKS for an honest and deeply inspirational story of your journey!

Tia December 8, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Kudos to you! You really do look fantastic. I have always been an active person, and was a size 2 when I got married. Two kids later (I gained 75 pounds with my first cutie) I am still struggling to lose the last 25 pounds. I run every day, and I couldn’t figure out why exactly I am not losing any more…and reading your post, it is all about portion control. I mean, my metabolism is not exactly what it used to be. Maybe one of these days I will let you know how it goes!

Betsy December 9, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Amanda!!!
Thank you sooo much for posting your weight loss story. You seriously motivated me to get a move on it. I need to loose about 30 pounds but have just about found every excuse to start a diet next month! :)
Last Monday 12/7, after reading and pondering your blog, I dove in. In a week I have lost a little over 2 pounds. I just keep thinking “I can do this!” It really is not hard if you just have the proper motivation. You motivated me and I thank you for that.

Betsy Mills
wife
mother of 4
small business co owner

Nichole December 10, 2009 at 12:15 pm

You look great!

Susan December 14, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Holy cow!!! What inspiration! Thanks for the go for it attitude, it makes me look forward to the changes that are coming :]

Candice December 14, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Congrats – that’s so great for you both! I find it just amazing that something as simple as counting calories is all it takes – forget all those expensive programs or fad diets! Earlier this year I counted mine too, and ate 500 less a day than was recommended plus exercised 4 times a week to burn 450 cals/workout. It’s simple math, 3500 calories = a pound. I lost 30 lbs.too, and now am gaining some back – but it’s for my first baby, so I’m ok with that :) Love your site – thanks so much for the inspiration and just overall cuteness!!

Lorie December 15, 2009 at 11:23 pm

wow! your weight loss story really inspired me a lot. Read everything and your before and after photo is a great example.
Thanks a lot for sharing your story and your personal tips.

Anny Schomburg December 16, 2009 at 8:48 am

WOW, I thought when I logged on to your website that you had lost weight, and you HAD. Great job!!! You inspire me to do so too. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jennie December 16, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Wow!! What an inspiration you are to me!! I know EXACTLY what you mean about actually trying to do something that you will stick to!! I actually went and tried on jeans last night at the mall, and to my dissappointment I am not so skinny anymore!! :( (and I’m not just saying that!!) Before my boys I was a size 1, today I am a size 12!! :( I never thought I would see the day as I have ALWAYS been skinny and ate what I wanted. So I guess it’s catching up to me now. Your before and after pictures are seriously so inspiring…I am going to do this!! I want to blog about my weight loss success!! Thanks for sharing Amanda – CHEERS to all your hard work!! :)

Allison December 16, 2009 at 10:47 pm

You lost weight just the same way I did! Isn’t it awesome?!! And it cost NUTHIN’! So easy and so fun and YES–you look AMAZING!

You’re gorgeous girlfriend! Congrats!

Mommy Taylor December 18, 2009 at 8:40 am

Wow, thanks for sharing that inspiring story! I’ve been wanting to lose weight for YEARS! I keep telling myself that THIS is the year. I’ve had 2 kids so far and I really want more, but I’m afraid of gaining more weight without having lost all the weight from my previous pregnancies. I’m newly remarried and I think my new husband deserves to have a hot wife. (Of course, he loves me the way that I am…) I’m going to try this. Today I’m going out to buy the Healthy choice meals and the Lean Cuisines. I’m going to do this and I’m going to lose the 30 lbs that I’ve been wanting to lose. I’m in a size 10/12 right now and I can’t wait to be in a 4/6 again! If you can do it, so can I.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Aurora December 20, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I honestly thought that I had the wrong website because you looked so different! And in a great way, I might add. ☺ Thank you for sharing all of your tips.
Merry Christmas!

shannon hayward December 21, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Wow! Great motivation! I keep starting and then feel like I have such a long way to go so I stop. Maybe I can do this after all…

Cori December 27, 2009 at 2:08 am

THANKS for you weight loss story! After my third child, it has been really hard for me to loose the weight. I’m going to try what you did and see how it works for me! Thanks again…

By the way, I LOVE you website! Thanks for the beautiful fonts and tips on how to make a better BLOG.

Leslie December 27, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Wow! I am having a REALLY hard time getting and keeping the weight off (just turned 40 but don’t tell :>) I would LOVE to know some of the meal plans you used, like what you ate for breakfast, lunch, etc to give ideas. I have a hard time trying to think of different food choices. Just signed up for SPARK- very cool- thanks! Is your blog still available on SPARK. If so, how do I find it?
Thanks
Leslie

Kati POwell December 27, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Oh my goodness!! I lost 40 lbs the same way and have been trying to explain to people everything you wrote and can’t! thank you, I posted a link to your story on my weight loss blog. good job!

Jaslin December 28, 2009 at 7:10 am

Woah! I love how your calorie count turned out to be like! I must try that! It’s truly I post I won’t ever get tired reading again and again! Thanks so much! :D

Kelly December 28, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Hi, I came across your blog on another blog- Craftaholics Anonymous (She linked your blog for a font post). You look great and your storing is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing! I still am working on losing 30lbs from when I had my baby over a year ago. I am adding your blog to my list!:O) Happy New Year!!

Kristie Havyer January 7, 2010 at 6:57 pm

very inspiring. I started counting my calories a week ago and I think I am down 2 pounds so far. I wont know for sure until tomorrow. You look awesome. Congratulations

J'aime January 11, 2010 at 10:35 am

WOW!!! You are such an inspiration! You look amazing… Thanks for posting this and everything else on your site!

Becky Brinkerhoff January 11, 2010 at 9:38 pm

That is truly amazing and I love the fact that you didn’t have to go to the Jenny Craigs of the world. You look fantastic and it truly gives me hope as I try and diet and lose some “Happy Fat” myself. I’m trying to be good and get some cardio and strength training in through my Wii Fitness program but still having a hard time with that food issue. I will try your approach and hopefully lose at least 20 if not more! Thanks for sharing!!

Hot Mama Kelly from Austin January 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Thanks so much for your post on this…As of this today, I’ve been tracking everything I’ve been eating and doing and I reduced my calories to 1550 total for each day (I just couldn’t do 1200 only!). Amd holy guacamole, Batman, it’s working! I’ve lost 3 pounds in a week and a half! My goal is 20 and I promised myself an all out pedi when I hit the ten pound mark. At this rate, I’ll get my pampering before I thought I could! Thank you thank you thank you!

Kelly January 19, 2010 at 9:15 am

Congratulations! I too am on a weightloss journey…down 18.4 pounds so far. Have a ways to go, but feel so much better already.

Love you blog. Thanks for sharing your story.

Kelly

Amy Rehbein January 19, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Hi! I just found your blog yesterday. I have been reading it today. I love it. I have been trying to loose…. (i say that loosely) 15 pounds…. since baby #3 came that was 2 years ago. I have never had a problem with my weight until this point in my life, So I feel very lucky. I was not really sure how to go about the whole thing. I have tried working out… never loose the weight like you said. U have inspired me to try the 1200 calories and water life style. I kinda knew that was my trouble I would not eat all day and then just pig out and eat way to much at supper and then snack at night. I also do not drink enough. I like coffee so I drink that in the morning. then only milk or something with dinner.
So I am going to try your way… see what happens. Thanks!

Hannah January 20, 2010 at 3:58 pm

WOW! That is all I can say :)

Angela January 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Hi Amanda,

I am curious if there was a website you used for recipes for dinner? I’m a young newlywed and have not really started making “dinners” yet, but I would love to find some good healthy recipes. :)

Amanda January 21, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Congrats! You look amazing!! This is now the only weight loss page I have in my bookmarks. Keeping things simple is what really works!

Dawn February 15, 2010 at 3:20 am

Congratulations Amanda! I’m new to your blog. I came across it in trying to learn to customize my own blog. I have found lots of useful information on your site. Thanks.

I appreciate your willingness to share your story. It’s such a timely thing for me to be reading at this moment. I am looking to shed some extra pounds myself and all that you have said has just been confirmation of the simple to me.

I too was contemplating NutriSystem and Weight Watchers, but the cost is just way to out there. Thank you for encouraging me in the realistic ways to accomplish my goal.

Thanks again,
GOD BLESS

Ashley February 15, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Thank you! You have given me hope with my wedding coming up! Also, Hungry Girl is an awesome website and cook book for low cal desserts, snacks, and meals!

mandy February 19, 2010 at 5:00 am

Congrats Amanda that is great! I have been wanting to lose weight and you just motivated me! Thank you! Random question though – why did you use sparkpeople and caloriecounter.com – as far as I could tell they basically do the same thing except caloriecounter has a few more really cool tools like the recipe thing! Was there a benefit? Just wondering – I know it sounds lazy but if I could just log in to one thing per day I would probably stick to it better:) Thanks!

Kendra February 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I love your blog and your story has really motivated me to lose weight too! I just had a baby and had kept some extra weight! :) thanks for the inspiration!

Marilyn March 4, 2010 at 12:04 am

Amanda

Thank you for your thoughts on dieting and exercise. Congrats on the weight loss. The pictures of you before and after are amazing. I know that I am about 4 months behind here posting on your blog, so I don’t know if you will see this or not. But I am going to give the caloriecount.com site a try and the sparkpeople.net site too. Thanks for the encouragement.

Marilyn in TN

Emily Heizer Photography March 16, 2010 at 5:43 am

You know what’s really funny Amanda? You and I basically did the exact same diet, with the exact same result!

Not only did I start out doing the couch to 5k program, and lost minimal weight while doing it (LOL)but I also learned to control my calories through lean cuisines and smart ones. No joke. And oh yeah the WW double fudge brownie ice cream? That’s my favorite too. (I also like the mint). Every single dessert snack you listed, I used to buy on a consistent basis. SERIOUSLY. I could have written this post myself- just about every word!

Except I started at a size 18 and went to a 10/12 and dropped around 60 pounds. I have been maintaining for a year, but I really want to lose another 20 pounds so I can push myself into the “healthy” category according to the BMI. I”ve really been stuck on this point, especially since I’ve taken a hard income hit and can’t buy ready meals anymore because I can’t afford it financially. (That was a new one to me!)

Do you mind me asking how tall you are? (So I can compare to myself… I have no idea how many sizes down 20 pounds will take me… if it would be alot or a little.) I am 5 foot 5 and a quarter… lol

If you see this and leave a comment on my blog with the answer, that would be AWESOME!
Thanks Amanda!
Emily

Nancy Wyatt March 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Amanda! Congrats!! I have been doing weight watchers since January and have lost 8lbs. For the last two weeks I have been feeling the urge to just give up but I try my best not to. This is definately inspiring! I have been a size 14/16 for years and at my smallest weight I wore an 8/10 but that was never for very long. In HS I think I was a 9 so I need to keep it up and try to get down to that size at the very least. You and Kevin have done an awesome job and again I have to say an inspiration! I’m going to keep at it so that maybe in 9months I can have a before/after photo on my blog! hugs from Texas!

Bekah March 17, 2010 at 7:54 am

OMG this is what i’ve been lookin for!! since having a baby in June 09, i’ve been at a stand-still. I lost 30 lbs in the first 6 weeks after delivery but that was from breastfeeding and then i had to stop brstfdg. i did lose some more but now, i’m stuck… i DO NOT know how much i weigh now, and am scared to know, but i know i’m not happy. i was a size 4/6 prior to my infertility treatments 2 years ago and now, i’m in a 8/10 and I’M MISERABLE! When i was in my 2nd trimester, i had to cut to an 1800 calorie a day diet b/c my husband weighed 11 lbs at birth, we didnt’ want a big baby so my dr. gave us that solution and it was easy…i did well… SOO… i feel like this 1200 calorie a day thing i could soo do! w/ a now 9 month old, it’s tough to do a diet but watchin portions and counting calories i can do b/c it’s easy w/ the internet to find out even what’s in take-out! THANK YOU FOR THE POST RECENTLY (MARCH 16, 2010) B/C I’M SOO GOIN DO THIS and your before & after pics shock me! we are also goin on a cruise June 20-27th and Shelby will be a year and 8 days by then so I WANT to be known as “Wow, you have a baby?” and right now i don’t get that anymore…THANK U THANK U THANK U! i had to cancel our gym membrship b/c i cannot go when the classes i attended are offered now and plus by workin full time i wanna spend as much time w/ shelby after work as i can so i do walk in the evenings, when it’s pretty out, so this will soo help! WOW A SIZE 10 TO A 2?!! WOW… I SOO WANT THAT! I have always been small and wore a 0-2 from high school all through college and went up to a 4/6 after marriage and the infertility drugs RUINED all that and then post-preg lbs…well you get my drift…and life, and so on..excuse excuse.. but THANK U.. WOW… any other tips?? email me: bkah83@yahoo.com
~God bless,
bekah

Katie March 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow, good for you, girl!!! You look great!

Jennifer March 22, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Thank you so much!!! You are an inspiration! Funny that I had found your site for the first time today and I started a “diet” today. Divine timing!!! Since having twins it has been difficult for me to loose weight and keep it off. Now I’m slowly putting more and more on. I just bought my first size 10 pants with tears in my eyes and I’m noticing that I don’t feel completely comfortable in my own skin anymore :( I have found so much disapointment in other “diet” failures but I’m just too stubborn to give up. I am definitely going to go with your 1200 calorie count…water only! I know I can do this. Thanks again and a BIG hug from me is coming your way! PSSSTTT…you look fabulous!!!

Bright Blessings, Jennifer

Lisa G. March 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm

So inspiring!! You inspired me to for the first time ever in my life try a calorie lifestyle! I have lost 3lbs this week and am amazed because I’m happy with what I’m eating! yay! I love love love lean cuisine and wwatcher meals! Thanks for the inspiration! Your photo of your pant sizes…that’s what did it for me!

ceejay March 26, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Amanda – you look AWESOME! i wish a story like that would one day emerge from my life. i’ve been big ever since i was a pre-teen and its getting worse now. i’ve always been the same weight give or take a few lbs. trainers, diets, exercise, slimfast, atkins, lemonade cleanses – argh.

i guess it’s back to calorie counting – you’re inspiring me to not give up, thanks :)

Ashley April 6, 2010 at 8:44 pm

This was such an inspiration to me when I read it after it was posted. I never started it, but it’s happening now! I posted about it tonight, and I’ve left the link if you would like to read it! Thank you for such wonderful inspiration!!

Kim April 16, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Have to admit, I am a little jealous of the cargo pant size change. I have been doing WW for nine weeks and have lost 19 lbs. What I don’t understand is that when I started, I wore a size 10. 19 lbs later…still a size 10. Looser, yes. But still a 10. I am sticking with it, but I just wish my pant size would change with the scale.

shannon Konczal April 20, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Amanda
i have been following your blog on and off for a year and a half.I found you because i was redecorating my scrapbook room and googled “beautiful scrapbook rooms” and you came up. What attracted me to your lifes blog first was your photos i waned to learn what you were doing with the same camera i have, then i realized i love love love your decorating sceme in your home ( and this says alot because i have totally different taste, Im restoring a victorian http://WWW.thekonczalvictorianhome.blogspot.com) after that i was drawn to the recipes and think after that i just fell in love with you and kevin, so ive been following all this time without one single comment but today i want to tell you that im so happy for you, you look amazing and im glad you realized it wasnt hard to have the body you want. i went through this trasformation a year ago and i think the hardest part was convincing yourself to just do it. Thank you for such a wonderful blog

shannon

Christina May 6, 2010 at 8:10 am

Just thought I would let you know that I lost 10 lbs. by decluttering my home over a period of 3 weeks and I wrote a little blurb about it on my blog. You inspired me with reducing your caloric intake. I read that and thought, well~duh, so if I reduce my calories and I raise my energy level by staying in constant motion over a period of time, it just might work. I ate clean and ate 1 micro meal and kept my calories at @1300 a day if that and man if it didn’t work before my eyes. It’s amazing what 10 pounds can do. Now over time I am raising my calories a little bit at a time, because I know I can’t do this for a very long time. I plan on losing 40 lbs. and am off to a great start, but it was a mental mindset that if I don’t change than my weight will stay the same. Easy concept to get. So I went for it and wanted to thank-you for planting a seed in me. I put a link to your weight loss story into my tips to decluttering and losing weight in the process here: http://creativetizzy.blogspot.com/2010/05/11-tips-to-de-cluttering-my-home-and-10.html Thanks again, Christina

Sharon May 15, 2010 at 12:47 am

Wow, this is my 2nd comment in one day, lol. You truly look fab Amanda. About 9 months ago I decided I needed to do something about my weight. I had a LOT to lose and it seemed overwhelming. I had done every diet out there and lost weight before but always to gain it back again. I wanted this time to be different. I think something must have just clicked in me because finally at almost 45 years of age I have managed to lose 85 lbs in 9 months! I know this time it’s different and I truly feel that I will not gain it back again. I’ve never felt this way before.

People ask me all the time how I’ve managed to lose the weight and, honestly, all I can say is that I’ve learned how to make good choices, eat balanced meals, and I’ve added some (not a lot) of exercise to my weekly routine mainly by walking the dog after dinner each night, parking my car further away from the entrances to malls, etc. and taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. I work on the 2nd floor and when I started this 9 months ago I could barely make it up without keeling over but now it’s a breeze!

Well, I just wanted to share in your enthusiasm and let people know that one can lose weight without having to spend a lot of money or join the diet program of the season, whatever it may be. Keep up the good work and I’ll do the same :)

Camey May 30, 2010 at 7:05 pm

I am so impressed. I am pregnant now with twins and so am not thinking of diet, but I have been trying to lose weight for years. I actually was small growing up and didn’t start gaining weight until about 20 or so. I was always so active, that I think when I got busy with school and life I took a nose dive, and could never get under 150. ANyhow, what I am wondering is did you really eat more than 1200 calories before this? I hardly eat, I work out, I stop drinking my favorite thing-juice, and instea of lose wight, I gain it! Anyhow, I saw your story and would be happy with a size 6…I am also a 10. I just would like to know more. Thanks!

Beth June 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Amanda,

You have inspired me and I have to date lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks. I am feeling great and the 1200 calorie way of life style is really easy!! Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring me!! I love you blog and creative ideas!

theresa eldridge June 20, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Congrats on the weight loss! that is awesome! You look fantastic! I wish to do the same!

Ella June 26, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Thank you for sharing your weight loss story. It really is inspiring when someone shares their story so truthfully with others. I’m going to try your tip of taking a multivitamin daily. That sounds like a great idea. By the way, you look absolutely lovely!

Traci July 3, 2010 at 7:16 am

Just amazing! You are truly inspirational!

Laura July 18, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hi, I just came across your blog. Congratulations on your weight loss.I have needed to lose about 30 pounds since my son has been born- He is almost 4!!!! How time flies by!! I have started my diet many times, but have given up because I hate to have to keep track with everything Im eating. I started a few days ago by purchasing a few healthy choice steamers. I really love them. I like that I can stick with my usual breakfast and then I know exactly what Im going to eat for lunch and dinner. I still have to cook seperate meals for my family, so its a little more expense weekly. But if that is what it takes to finally lose this weight, I dont mind. One question though, what are you doing to maintain the weight loss. Im so afraid that I will put forth all this effort, just to regain it. Any info would be great!! Thanks again.

Kelsi @ Modern Mom, Redefined August 7, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I LOVE this! It’s so hard to find someone to relate to and I can totally do that with your story. Thanks for posting how you did it…. I went out yesterday and bought a ton of lean cuisine meals at Target (they were having a special) I posted about it on my blog (and used your before/after pics) Check it out and let me know if that’s ok. OH, and thanks for the fonts! I have been obsessed with them for some time now… quite the talent!!

kelley blake August 11, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Seriously, so inspiring! I am on my way to losing weight by watching what I eat and exercising 3-4 times a week. It really does help to hear people tell their stories because sometimes I honestly feel like “Am I the only one here that has to work hard to lose weight?”. Thank you so much for sharing your story! You look FABULOUS!

Ashley August 21, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I just happen to run up on your blog and I love it!! You are so talented and I love your ideas. This weight loss story is perfect for me because I too am trying to lose 30 pounds. I currently weigh 160 and want to get back to that 130 mark. I picked out a pair of miss me jeans that I want at a whopping $108. Once I lose the weight, that is my reward!! lol Nothing like a good pair of jeans to boost your motivation.

Thanks for sharing so much with us!! I am definitely going to do the ear ring thing.

Ashley

Ashley August 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm

What kind of exercise routine did you have? Also, I totally fell in love with your Shabby Chic Dangly Ear ring display and tried it for myself. I posted pics on my blog. I just love it!! You can use the small chicken wire also which will allow for a lot more room. It won’t be as organized but, I think it would work well too. Loving your blog!!!

Keep the great ideas coming!!

Jodi E. August 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Hi Amanda,

Today I was looking in the mirror and thinking some of me just has to go! When I turned on my computer this evening I was looking at a few references I had saved related to losing weight. I quickly gave up and started looking for fonts to use with my new Silhouette cutter. (another story all it’s own!). As I was looking on your site I thought I remembered that you wrote about losing some weight. I found the page, read it and am inspired to get going…Thanks for sharing!

I got to be encouraged and find awesome fonts!!

Have a great day,
Jodi

Caylie September 23, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I found your blog about 2 weeks ago and I was just so inspired! I recently went to the doctor and got weighed, eek. I was heavier then I’ve ever been and just not happy with the way I look.

After reading your weight loss story I decided it was time for a change, I started counting calories the next day! The first week I was going through some sugar withdrawls and felt hungry often. But I’m part way through week two and I feel great. The craziest part is that I went from 138 to 130 in less than 2 weeks, i was shocked!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Shelley @ Green Eggs & Hamlet October 4, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for the inspiration! I downloaded the SparkPeople app for my phone today and am doing your 1200 calorie plan.

Brenda October 24, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hello!

Well to start off,im 14 yrs. old and ive been wanting to loose weight and fast i weight like 80 kg and my weight is exactly 5’8
do you think exercising is enough or should i do and try the 1,200 cal. p/day? what do u recommend? :D
thanks,
Brenda Lennox,CA

Jessica Dudley November 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I just came across your story and have been feeling really terrible about this last 30 lbs hanging on. I’ve lost a little over 20 lbs, but I’ve been stuck and unable to shed this last 20. I use SparkPeople.com too for logging my food and fitness. However, I’m always more on the 1500 calorie end of my “limit” and am having troubles during my WEAKends. Any suggestions on weekends?

Abby December 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I’m 15 and I’m a size 10/12. I don’t feel that fat, but I don’t feel good either. In the past few months, I’ve been working the fat off real slowly; gradually cutting back calories & also gradually increasing exercise. Nothing drastic at all, and I’ve noticed my clothes are fitting more loosely now! I wore a size 12 dress to a wedding in October, and I just tried it on again today and it was practically falling down! I’m so proud of myself (and of course you) but I want it to come off faster now. Time to get strict..!

Tonya Isbell January 2, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Thanks so much for the inspiration. I just love everything about your blog. I have been trying to lose weight and have successfully lost 22 pounds. I have been going back and forth between low carb and low calories. It’s working okay, but man I gained a few pounds over Christmas. I did so good through Thanksgiving, but Christmas did me in!!! *Sigh*

Carolyn February 9, 2011 at 4:50 pm

WOWZER! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing this information. My husband and I have been wanting to get into a healthier lifestyle, and you have inspired me to get with it! I know it will be sooo worth it. And, I totally relate to the mentality that “it’s just the size I am,” etc.

Thanks, again!

Jenn February 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I am absolutly amazed and totally inspired. I have always thought that I was just like I am (size 14) and there wasn’t much I could do about it. I have tried diets here and there but nothing has stuck. Thank you for this post and the encouragement! You look absolutly fabulous. I hope I have before and after photos that are as great as yours!!!

Stacey February 21, 2011 at 12:05 pm

My sister-in-law referred me to your blog and I absolutely love your posts. Congratulations on your weight loss. I really would like to lose 30-40 pounds and have not been successful at counting points. Your plans sounds very doable. I have one question – what type of things did you eat for supper? That’s my most challenging part.

Thanks,
Stacey

Joy March 13, 2011 at 10:37 am

I am 50 years old, diabetic, and have been overweight since having my first baby at 23. I decided to have wieght-loss surgery. I saw the doctor and he put me on a 1000 calorie/low fat & carb diet and I have lost 55 lbs since July of 2010. I am down 4 sizes!! I try to do 20 minutes on an eliptical machine several times a week. I would like to lose 40 more. I have pretty much decided that I don’t need surgery and I can do this on my own. My insurance refuses to pay so I will save around $20,000. It really is as simple as cutting portions/calories and exercising. I was afraid I would go back to old habits but I will be off the diabetes meds soon and that is inspiration enough for me to stay the course. It is how to eat for life! I hope this inspires others. Great job Amanda and Kevin! Thanks for getting the TRUTH of losing weight out there to so many.

Kia March 25, 2011 at 1:59 am

omg, you are such an inspiration! i love it! i felt like i was reading something about me! haha. it just seemed like everything you said was what i’ve always thought about tooo. thank you sooo much for sharing your story! i am definitely going to try this!
(all my exclamation points are because i am sooo excited!) thanks again for sharing such an inspiring story! :DDDDDD

Sharlene Frazier April 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I am proof this method works for losing weight. I have lost 46 pounds by following your method but I did not know this blog existed until today. Healthy Choice is the only “TV” dinner I have found with more flavor than the box.lol. I have eaten more vegetables than before the diet. The choice of vegetables do need to be watched for their calorie contents. Oatmeal is a good choice for breakfast as is boiled eggs.
I am unable to exercise much due to bad knees but have still lost weight. Congratulations on your weight loss!

rani April 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm

glad to hear that even with bad knees, you were able to loose weight. I recently had knee surgery and became really sad over the fact that I can’t do the things I used to-but it’s encouraging to start again with some renewed spirit!

rani April 25, 2011 at 6:57 pm

i can’t believe I just now found this post! I just started again on Sparkpeople. Had some knee surgery and a bout of pheumonia to fight! But this is very inspiring!!! Thanks for you blog!!! I love everything you share!

Chic April 27, 2011 at 6:57 am

Hello Amanda! I am inspired by your story and I’ve just bookmarked this so I can refer to it everyday. I am 18 years old, aroung 5’0-5’1 and I weigh 140lbs/63 kilograms. My mom doesn’t have any clue about dieting. I hate veggies. I don’t exercise but I am committing myself to jog and run on weekdays starting tomorrow. I do have Jillian Michaels’ 30 day shred, I only did 3 days then I got bored. And I don’t know the food I have to eat and their corresponding calories, portion sizes. I don’t know any of that stuff. What do you suggest? I’m Asian so I eat rice everyday but I hate veggies. I plan on eating cereal every breakfast, at lunch maybe another kind of cereal and a fruit and I don’t know what to eat for dinner. Do you have any ideas? I am just so lost. Please help me I wanna slim down like you!

Ron Watson April 29, 2011 at 8:19 am

The diet that works for me is Dr. Gott’s No Flour No Sugar Diet.Just drop the bread and dessert.You have to sacrifice something!…Lost weight like a house afire!

Ieasha Akins April 29, 2011 at 8:20 am

Hey Amanda, I subscribe to your blog and absolutely love it! This is the first time I have had a chance to read your weight loss story and I am so glad that I did. First off, you look so healthy, so congratulations!!! I totally understood where you were coming from in the beginning of your weight loss journey; I moved down to the south and got married three years ago, and started baking, cooking (loving it too) and enjoying Southern food (I grew up with pretty strict diet due to religious beliefs and never had fried foods, didn’t eat pork, etc.). Of course I gained 40lbs of “happy” weight and I have been struggling to get it off for two years. I have tried so many diets with very little weight loss success. When I read your weight loss story, I thought, “I could do that” and I will. Thanks so much sharing your journey, it is great inspiration and has made me hopeful about losing my weight!!! I will keep you posted!

Tahnaykay May 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Congrats!! on your weight loss as I am too on this journey but had no clue and thanks because you have inspired me to try again ;o)

Clarissa May 6, 2011 at 9:34 am

Wow! Omg! This is really inspiring. 1st off let me say…u look awesome. I have decided to take the challege starting today. Its funny because I’ve. Been wanting to try smartones, healthy choices etc to see if they really work……I looked up any success stories and I found urs. This is really truly inspiring. U give me hope!!! It wouldn’t hurt to try. Lol.

Julie May 13, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Well, you’ve heard it before, but I felt the need to say it again…

This is awesome, the timing is perfect, I am inspired, I will try, I now have a plan, YOU look fantastic & I can’t wait to feel that way about myself too!

Bless you! Thank you for sharing.

Anna Geffken May 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I just read your story! thanks :) It’s encouraging to it can be done. I have about 15-25 pounds that I’m trying to loose. I’ve been longing to do it for a year but eat to maintain not loose. I’m gonna really take this to heart and try it :)

Corinne from Toronto, Canada May 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

I just came across your blog via The Lettered Cottage. Reading your weight loss story is inspiring. I am 48, menopausing, and have about 50 lbs to lose. I was always slim until I hit 40. And the scale tells me I am 200 lbs at 5’7. OMG. I noticed I don’t want to be in pictures with my family. Eating clean, portion control as you described is the way to go and exercise too. Thanks again for the inspiration. I am going to use myfitnesspal to enter my brekkie right now!

Peg Graham May 24, 2011 at 8:48 am

Thank You for an easy to do plan!!!! My oldest son and I are starting this. See my blog.

HUGS! Peg

Amber May 24, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I have a question for you what did you do for exercise?

Flor June 15, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Hola Amanda, antes que nada quiero felicitarte a ti y tu esposo por tanta creatividad, y por compartirla, ya antes había visitado tu página pero no me había dado cuenta de estas entradas que es tu vida real, todo lo que aquí cuentas es para darse ánimo a toda aquellas que pasamos por la tortura del sobrepeso y cargar este por tantos años y no poder bajar, no porque uno no haya podido sino porque has hecho tantas dietas, la de la luna, la de las estaciones, la de la fruta, la de los licuados, en fin, ya me cansé de tanto escribir!!!! , y no bajar ni un gramo, pero me he animado a seguir estos tips que das y luego te cuento. Hasta pronto.

Karolynn July 8, 2011 at 10:11 am

I enjoyed reading your weight loss story! I have recently lost about 138lbs. I have about 10 more to shed and am really struggling it is going really slow. Perhaps I need to try something different. Like what you did. Thanks for sharing!

Julia Hull July 13, 2011 at 10:36 pm

THANK YOU for outlining how you lost weight. I can’t seem to exercise but this, THIS I can do! Seems so simple, how did I not think of this before? :) Thank you again.

Audra July 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

From an Auburn woman to another, War Eagle and congratulations! I am starting my 1200 calorie diet today. :) Wish me luck!

Kristy August 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! This is JUST what I needed!! Seriously! My plan of action begins first thing tomorrow!!! Yaay!!

And you look totally fabulous! :)

Sheila August 3, 2011 at 8:25 am

You look fabulous, dawling! Thanks for sharing your story – like you and so many others that have posted, I have spent the summer at the gym exercising 4x a week for not much gain at all. I lost 4 lb total, lost no inches. I am a bit more toned, but what I really wanted was the extra 20 lb GONE. The muffin top GONE. Looks like I will have to shoot for the calorie counting too!

Comment Pages: « Previous12345Next »