Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar
On Thursday I found out.
And on Friday…
I had this.
This beautiful, ridiculous, indulgent, outrageous, illegal in 48 states, totally wonderful ultimate layered cookie and brownie treat.
It is without a doubt, completely and utterly insane.
But I mean that in a good way. Of course.
These dangerously decadent chocolate chip cookie ‘n brownie bars combine the best of a gooey chocolate chip cookie, warm fudgy brownie, and an extra sweet double stuffed Oreo.
All you need is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe (using a little less flour than you normally would), some double stuffed Oreos, a family-sized brownie mix for a 9×13 pan, and some hot fudge chocolate topping for good measure. I like to add a little of this to a store-bought brownie mix for extra fudgy brownies. I’m all about the extras, baby.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with wax paper and spray with cooking spray. You don’t have to line it, but it sure makes it easier to get them out!
Whip up your cookie dough and spread it in the bottom of the pan.
Cover with Oreos…
And pour on plenty of fudgy brownie batter.
Pop this into a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes. Just look at those beautiful cookie and brownie layers already showing through.
Oh, baby. Come to mama.
Who wants cookies? Who wants Oreos? Who wants brownies??
I cut the rest into mini bite-sized squares and packed them up for Kevin to take to work, gotta get these outta my house!
Hope you enjoy this Friday treat, have a fabulous weekend!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with a layer of Oreos.
- Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting — brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!!
To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, simply half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients.