Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownies
You guys, I am so excited to share these ridiculous new brownies with you today!! They are out of this world!!
These show-stopping bars start with a layer of ultra soft red velvet brownies, but are taken to the next level with Oreo truffle filling, and then are topped with sinfully rich chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips. Total heaven in every bite!!
These fabulous bars were inspired by one of my all time favorite bloggers, Pizzazzerie!! I fell in love with her Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars the second I saw them. I knew immediately I had to make them. My version is a little different, so be sure to check out her version as well!! :)
To celebrate these spectacular bars (and Valentine’s Day ;)) I am giving away a HOT PINK Raspberry Ice KitchenAid mixer!!!!!!! Keep reading to enter! :)
These are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. After I made them I was so in love with the results. I wanted to share these bars with everyone I know!! I texted all my neighbors and told them to come by and get one. They were a hit!!
They seriously could not be easier to make. This is all you need!
The brownie base starts with a Red Velvet cake mix, but if you’d like to make your own Red Velvet Brownies from scratch, check out these.
To the cake mix add 1/2 cup melted butter…
And beat until smooth, thick, and decadent.
Press into the bottom of a well-coated 9×13 baking dish. I like to line my dish with foil to make the bars easier to get out. Try my trick that makes lining a pan with foil SO much easier.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 mins until just set and edges are crackly. You definitely don’t want to overcook these bars! They will fully set up as they cool.
I baked these in my KitchenAid Steam-Assist Combination Microwave Wall Oven. I LOVE it because it only takes up the space of an oven and microwave, BUT the microwave up top DOUBLES as another oven!!! It is awesome!!
So, I could melt the butter in the microwave up top, but then the microwave can also act as a convection oven, so I could bake these brownies in it too! It’s seriously magic. Check out how nice and browned this blueberry cobbler I made in it got!
If you are thinking of updating your appliances, I highly, highly recommend it. I use that second oven WAY more than I thought I would, but it’s nice not having to take up extra room in the kitchen for an appliance I don’t use all the time. LOVE it!
Click here to see more photos of our Kitchen Update.
Next you’ll need one package of WHOLE Oreos. :)
Crush them in a ziploc bag or food processor until you have mostly fine crumbs.
Next mix the crumbs with 1 cup melted butter until well combined.
Pour them on top of the baked brownies…
And gently press down.
Next bring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a low boil and pour over 1.5 cups of chocolate chips (that’s approximately one bag). I used milk chocolate chips, but you could use any kind of chocolate chip you like. Even white chocolate! Let the chips sit for 5 mins then whisk to combine until smooth and thick…
Then immediately pour over the Oreo truffle layer. Love love love!!
Next top with 1 bag of mini chocolate chips, then refrigerate for 30-45 mins to let the ganache set up a bit before cutting into bars. However if you want to dive right in immediately with a spoon, I would never judge.
And see, this is why I love lining the pan with foil!! See how easy it just comes right out?? :)
You must try them ASAP. Enjoy, my friends!!! :)
Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownies
Yield: One 9x13 pan.
- 1 box (18.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 bag (12 oz) mini chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray. Beat together cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 2 eggs until fully combined and smooth. Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15-18 mins, until just set. Do not overbake.
- Crush whole Oreos in a Ziploc bag or food processor into fine crumbs. Stir together with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter and mix well. Pour over baked red velvet brownies and gently press down in an even layer.
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a low boil, then pour over chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk together until completely smooth and thick. Pour over Oreo layer. Top with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins to allow chocolate ganache to set up. Cut into bars and serve.
Can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.