May 27, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-12

Pin It

On Wednesday, I wondered what would happen if you combined Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oreo Stuffed Brownies.

On Thursday I found out.

And on Friday…

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-09

I had this.

This beautiful, ridiculous, indulgent, outrageous, illegal in 48 states, totally wonderful ultimate layered cookie and brownie treat.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-10

It is without a doubt, completely and utterly insane.

But I mean that in a good way. Of course.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-11

These dangerously decadent chocolate chip cookie ‘n brownie bars combine the best of a gooey chocolate chip cookie, warm fudgy brownie, and an extra sweet double stuffed Oreo.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-01

All you need is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe (using a little less flour than you normally would), some double stuffed Oreos, a family-sized brownie mix for a 9×13 pan, and some hot fudge chocolate topping for good measure. I like to add a little of this to a store-bought brownie mix for extra fudgy brownies. I’m all about the extras, baby.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-02

Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. You don’t have to line it, but it sure makes it easier to get them out!

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-03

Whip up your cookie dough and spread it in the bottom of the pan.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-04

Cover with Oreos…

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-05

And pour on plenty of fudgy brownie batter.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-06

Pop this into a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes. Just look at those beautiful cookie and brownie layers already showing through.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-07

Oh, baby. Come to mama.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-08

Who wants cookies? Who wants Oreos? Who wants brownies??

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-13

I cut the rest into mini bite-sized squares and packed them up for Kevin to take to work, gotta get these outta my house!

Hope you enjoy this Friday treat, have a fabulous weekend!

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips

Oreo
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos

Brownie
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix + eggs and oil as called for on the back of the box
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.

2. For the Cookie Dough: Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of Oreos. Mix together brownie mix according to directions, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!!

*Place the pan in the fridge to speed up the cooling process, but plan on at least 2 hours for brownies to cool / set up completely.

*Feel free to use store-bought cookie dough to make this even easier!

Tags: ,

Michelle R June 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm

So I finally made these. I had found the recipe months ago, but I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes, so these were definitely out. Anyway, when I made them the cookie dough rose and sort of mixed with the brownie batter. It tasted good, like a brownie cookie, but I don’t know what went wrong. I baked it in a glass pan. My husband did notice that when he took the foil off, only a little bit of the cookie dough had risen to the top around the edges, but by the time I took the pan out 20 minutes later, it had all mixed.

Allison June 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

I made this today for a family party, followed the reciepe exactly and for some reason it didn’t turn out flat and pretty like yours. It seemed like the brownie batter sunk in the middle and the cookie dough rose to the top. I have no clue what I did wrong.

Katie August 27, 2012 at 9:10 pm

i tried making it too before i went back to school for a treat for all my friends on the first day and the same thing happened to me.

Amanda June 11, 2012 at 8:55 am

These look incredible! Just thought I’d make you aware a British blogger is passing off this idea as her own, (she gave them the name Slutty Brownies) and actually has the cheek to moan if someone else blogs about them and doesn’t credit her blog as the source!

Amber June 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html#ixzz1xcEBbUPa

Natalie June 18, 2012 at 4:22 pm

These were delicious, but mine didn’t get solid in the middle before they were overdone on the outside. Can you give a suggestion how to get the middle done?

Tia June 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Got a batch in the oven right now! smells sooooo good!! Im sure the girls I work with will love them!

Heather June 22, 2012 at 8:09 am

OMG, thank you for sharing, but please tell me you do not bake with WAX paper, you should be using parchment for baking. The wax on wax paper melts off into your food in the oven. Not the best thing to consume . Please change the wording on your post and start using parchment!’
And thanks for the recipe, we made these and sinful is too tame a word!!!!

Connie J June 23, 2012 at 12:35 am

they were perfection…Loved it!!!Cant wait to make these for a party

melanie June 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I just popped this in the oven! Looks and smells incredible! My tastebuds thank you… but not my jeans! Love your blog!!

Sarah June 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Tried this recipe and it tastes like resturant made. Made it for a family gathering and it was a biiiiiig hit. Thanks a million for sharing such a wonderful recipe with us.

Melissa June 30, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Ok, I just found your site today and I have already printed 3 really great ideas/food. I can’t wait to make these. My kids are going to go crazy.
I too don’t know how you stay so thin when you create these amazing treats. You have a fan in Oregon.

Tiffany July 10, 2012 at 5:16 am

This recipe is immoral. Beautiful pictures, though.

aslam July 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I’m swooning over here.I do NOT know how you stay so thin.

Katie July 18, 2012 at 3:02 pm

These are baking in the oven right now, for me to use as dessert for my friends and family that are helping us move this weekend….I’ll pass except for a small bite from my hubby’s because of the diet- not because I don’t want a whole one! I’m sure everyone will help us move at any time, just because of these!

Amanda July 20, 2012 at 11:03 am

Pretty sure I want to marry you both for such a creation! LOL!

Amy July 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

I have made these now twice. The first time I made them the edges got a little over cooked but I still only came back from the party with 3 left. They were gone the next day (my 16yr old son consumed them like they were a major food group). I was asked to make them again so today I have made them again for my nieces birthday party. Huge hit. This time the edges aren’t so crunchy and I used the wax paper this time. Much easier with the wax paper to remove them from the pan and I put foil around the edges after about 35mins of cooking so the center could finish and the edges didn’t burn. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! This has become a picnic/get together staple.

safia July 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm

HI .. i cooked this for today it’s was so sweet .. look like the restaurants doing :p really thanx for the recipe .. i wait for what’s your new <3

Elizabeth July 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I made it for my mom’s birth day. Absolutly horrible. ;0 Just kidding best thing in the universe. No wonder it’s illegal in so many places.

Farah July 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thank you for the amazing recipe! My family loved it and we’re literally speechless :)

Frankie K. July 27, 2012 at 4:19 am

I’ve been eyeing these for over a month, and when i showed the recipe to my husband he wanted to know why I hadnt already made them, I JUST went out and bought some ingredients, though I cheated and bought the tube of cookie dough… I put them in the oven and I have 30 mins left on my timer, I’ll let ya know how they turn out! =) I’m sure homemade cookie dough would be better, but I found this more cost effective – so i’m experimenting.

D July 27, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Do you have to use homemade cookie dough? Or could you make one using a package?

Frankie K. July 28, 2012 at 2:35 am

OK, I baked mine covered, for 45 min, in a 13×9 metal pan… i used store bought Pillsbury cookie dough in the large tube ( i think it was 30 oz? ) and my cookie dough actually burned before the brownie mix could cook…. it wasnt black or anything, and it came out the pan just fine, but it smelled and tasted burned/scorched…. so, i have to say, store bought dough is probably not the way to do it…. I ended up throwing out almost the entire pan. it was a sad moment. anyone else have success with store bought dough? what kind of pan did you use? did you have to adjust the temp or cooking time?

Diana July 31, 2012 at 1:36 pm

If you half it to make the 8×8, how does that affect cooking time?

Cookie August 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm

A word of warning: a carton of double stuffed oreos is JUST ENOUGH to make one layer in a 9×13 pan. I found this out when my boyfriend and I pounced on the things, we were total fat kids and grabbed 4 EACH! And then I was making the oreo layer I quickly found out it wouldn’t be enough and had him run to the store to get more. Guess how many more fit? Yep… 8. And now we have an entire carton of oreos to ourselves, not good!!!

Fawzeih D August 9, 2012 at 1:34 am

Do you think this recipe would work with reeses in the middle, instead of oreos?

Lori August 9, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Oh, my goodness, all three of my favorite sweets in one dish, topped with ice cream and chocolate syrup, did I die and go to chocolate heaven. I am going to have to try these, thanks for the recipe.

minoo August 10, 2012 at 4:29 am

I LOVE IT :)))))))))))
thank you….

Fawzeih D August 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I just made these for my family gathering and everyone loved them!! Made half with oreos in the middle and half with reeses for the peanut butter lovers. Both turned out great! Im going to try making a version with the brownies and reeses alone next.

Katherine Y August 21, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I made these with Reese’s cups instead of oreo and had to bake a little longer. Though my oven could just be a little different. They were a huge hit at a potluck I hosted. Made some fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings to top it off and it was a beauty. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Kate August 24, 2012 at 7:18 am

What’s the difference between 15 and 20 minutes? What should I be looking for to see if they’re some?

Kate August 24, 2012 at 7:20 am

*see if they’re done…

Geraldine August 27, 2012 at 12:18 am

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!! I made these and they were perfection! Thanks so much for the recipe! =)

Elle August 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

This is the perfect pms cure recipie!!! Thank you!!!

Gina Lehman August 28, 2012 at 11:16 am

All I can say is YUM!!!!!!

Anna August 29, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Slutty Brownie is THE best!!!

Dania September 4, 2012 at 9:54 am

I made this over the weekend and it was an instant family HIT!!!!! Brother who is not a sweet lover gobbled half of the pan. Will be making it soon again.
This recipe is just pure Heaven.

sue stark September 4, 2012 at 10:45 am

09/04/12 made this recipe for our annual labor day pot luck and WOW what a hit. This is really the ultimate of bars recipe in the world..

Jenn September 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Can you use packaged cookie dough? Or does it have to be from scratch!?! Also I’m planning on using Nutter Butter cookies in place of oreos and instead of drizzle of chocolate sauce use a PB sauce! Can’t wait to make this tomorrow!

Vivienne Nonis September 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Wow! This site is amazing! I came here solely for this ultimate triple decker fudge brownie bar but found lots more. I HAVE to make this brownie and if it all works out well I will feature it on my blog (credited to you of course). Love the free fonts too!! xx

Ella September 7, 2012 at 1:26 am

Hi Amanda

I live in Denmark and i love baking! Months ago I stumbled by your website and this recipe – and knowing that i love cookies, oreos AND brownies I just HAD to try to bake this cake! I did it with a friend and when we took it out of the oven, sat at the table with each our piece of cake …. took a bite. No one said anything for minutes! This cake taste so wonderful! Since then I have baked it a lot – for special occasions and all my friends love it!

Its now known as the ‘God’-cake or the ‘Orgasm’-Cake and baking it is almost like a ritual.
Yesterday i made it for my birthday to my class in high school. And because of the reputation people couldnt wait to taste it – and were almost aggressive about the thought if they didnt get any?!

For the cake I use my favorite cookie recipe that i absolutely adore – and we dont have the double stuffed Oreos here in Denmark, but its alright. Its still taste fantastic :D

Thank you very much for this recipe! Me and my friends are grateful :)

Amanda September 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

OMG this is awesome! My hubby made this last night and it is soooo good. I thought at first it might be too rich, but it wasn’t and was just absolutely perfect. I enjoy a lot of your recipes. Thank you for sharing :)

Lori I September 8, 2012 at 5:18 am

Funny thing about this recipe. I made them and I was cutting them up, they started singing “I’m Sexy and I Know It.” They are a little full of themselves. I guess having a double-stuff oreo in your middle might do that to you. Anyway, I would like to repeat this recipe and put full-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the middle instead of the oreos. That would be awesome!

Denise September 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Made these last night as part of a baking/candy spree. While they took about 15-20 minutes longer to bake, the smell while baking was wonderful! When I cut them to portion for giveaway, I was not thrilled. The taste? Okay but not amazing. You left out the best part … THESE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THE NEXT DAY!! One of my recipients asked “what’s in these? Crack? Because they are ADDICTING!” Yum!!!

Emily November 1, 2012 at 3:53 pm

definitely liked them better the next day also!

tanya1234 September 11, 2012 at 5:10 am

luv it mmmmmm thankx :)

Krista Quintrell September 13, 2012 at 6:00 am

These are EVIL beyond words…but will make them anyway…I have a herd of teenagers that would love them….

Stacy Coody September 17, 2012 at 8:00 am

I made this for my husband for his birthday. OMG!! It was so good. Extremely rich, but good. This is so a winner and keeper. Chocoholics beware.

Hannah September 20, 2012 at 11:00 am

Just featured your AMAZING Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar on my Blog Post “10 Creative Party Food Ideas that will Make Any Party AMAZING!!”

You are so brilliant! Thanks for sharing your great ideas! ♥

Joni September 20, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Could you make these using a chocolate chip cookie mix instead of making the dough from scratch? Also, would they be good just as bars (without the hot fudge sauce and ice cream)?

Anna September 29, 2012 at 7:25 am

I finally made these! Before making them, I tried to find an “I-made-these-and-here-was-my-experience” comment, because too many times, I have tried a Pinterest idea or recipe and it turned out awful. All the comments so far have been “I sooo need to make these”, which is what I said when I saw them! Anyways, I would like the opportunity to submit a helpful “I-made-these-and-here-was-my-experience” comment! :D

Here it is:
Let’s address it layer-by-layer. The “basic” chocolate chip cookie recipe was basic only in that it contained the basic ingredients needed for chocolate chip cookies…..but taste-wise, it wasn’t so basic….it was REALLY good! The instructions are to cream the butter and sugars together for 3-5 minutes, and I have never done that before….the result was a very fluffy cookie batter! The flavor was simple and delicious.
On to the Oreos. Their taste disappears among the milk chocolate chips in the cookie layer and the rich, fudgy chocolate taste of the brownie layer, which was VERY disappointing to me. In thinking about it later and trying to figure out how to get the taste to show up better, I have concluded that it’s impossible. Oreos just aren’t as strong of a flavor when sandwiched in between rich chocolate chip cookies and brownies! Oh well!
And there’s nothing bad to say about the brownie layer….it’s a boxed-mix brownie layer! :D

These bars get a 10 out of 10 for how easy they were to make…the directions were incredibly easy to follow, and my bars turned out EXACTLY as pictured. Not kidding, EXACTLY. I took them to a party that was themed “Pinterest-recipes”, and almost everyone instantly identified with the bars because they have been pinned so many times! So, what I’m saying is, you’ll get what’s promised! :)

So I guess the only slightly “negative” thing I have to say about this recipe is that I can’t taste the Oreos!! Maybe Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups would hold their own better?

Hope that was helpful!

SOFTBALL GIRL September 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YA I WANT SOME OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!

Joséphine October 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Waouh ! Quelle magnifique recette ultra gourmande ! Je pense être obligée de la tester d’ici quelques jours, imposible d’y résister ! :-)

mamancaline October 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Your lovely recipe has been ….Frenched on c’est maman qui l’a fait.com ;-) http://www.cestmamanquilafait.com/article-fudge-brownie-sur-biscuit-oreo-brownie-oreo-cookie-en-une-bouchee-110847714.html with linked back to you.

Amanda October 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm

My boyfriend saw me looking at this recipe and said “baby, I’m making that tomorrow”. Sure enough it was in the oven when I came home from work! Fabulous! We took the whole pan to the beach for the weekend and our friends went wild over them. My nieces thought we were the king and queen of brownie land!

Michelle October 16, 2012 at 10:12 am

Made these last night. Everyone fell in love even brought some to work today. So delicious.

Heather October 26, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thank you for this recp. it has been a HUGE hit!! I am asked to make it at every function we attend.. kids friends even want is as birthday gifts.lol!

Melissa October 28, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Amanda, Kevin, I just wanted to say thank you for this idea… I made these today. I was planning to make them for an event coming up. Wanted to test them first. They were a huge hit with the group of teens that I had try them.

Emily November 1, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I just tried this receipe and it is definitely good if you are craving chocolate! I was kind of hoping that the brownie batter would make the oreos softer though. Is there a way for that to happen? What if I soaked the oreos in milk before I add them in?

Robin November 5, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Have these in the oven right now….without the Oreos. Didn’t have any around. I guess we ate it all. Haha

Robin November 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Ok…should not have lined pan with wax paper. It totally cooked up into the cookie. (Yes, I sprayed it with Pam). Wish I would have just sprayed pan only.

Missy November 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I am going to try this for the holidays it looks awesome im sure my kids are going to love this.Thanks for sharing :)

Sherry Rook December 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hi Kevin n Amanda,
I made this recipe on Saturday December 1st for our cookie party for December 2nd 2012. They were a part of my dessert table. They were a HUGE hit with everyone. Wasn’t any left to bring home. The only thing I would change is cutting them when slightly warm. I have printed this recipe out for several people since Sunday. Also I will make again.
Sherry

Ethan December 8, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Ive made this before and its absoluty AMAZING!! I decided to make it for a holiday treat party at work. I decided to make it more christmasy and used the Holiday Oreo’s with red cream filling and then topped the brownies with red and green M&M’s…. It was Delightfull and the hit of the party!!

Natalie December 8, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Can you use already made cookie dough ?

Erin Hanson December 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm

OMG we just made this and got it out of the oven and it looks and smells amazing…I ma allergic to chocolate so having this will also include a trip to the ER but sooooo worth the reaction I will have from this chocolate goodness…

Abril December 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm

how much cookie dough is needed?

Reece December 19, 2012 at 9:42 am

Saw this on Pinterest! I am going to make this. I made need major detox afterward but gotta try it!

ambrosia January 23, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I will be making this soon! I really want to stop what I’m doing and go make them right now, but that’s not practical :)

Teresa January 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm

made these today, absolutely wonderful.

Leslie January 28, 2013 at 6:48 am

Wow! Just made these and they are so easy to make and delicious but SO rich! I am taking them to a meeting and I cut them into 1/2 inch squares!

Katherine January 30, 2013 at 10:16 am

I love your website, and this recipe…I made it for coworkers one day, and it was a HIT!
Just wanted to let you know that this photo is being used on BuzzFeed on a Valentine’s Day treat article, saying to make brownie sundaes. You aren’t given credit for the photo. Just an FYI.

Ginger February 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

It really would’ve been helpful to know what size package of Oreos. I bought what I would consider “normal” size (300 g) and only had 21 double stuffed Oreos – only enough to cover 2/3 of the 9 x 13 pan :( They’re in the oven now, so fingers crossed they’ll still turn out ok!

Dina February 3, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Hi, I am making this today for my Superbowl party! Can’t wait to try them!

Eve February 6, 2013 at 4:43 pm

My son showed me a picture of this – the brownie mix being poured over the Oreos and chocolate chip cookie batter. He did not remember where he saw it but stated he wanted this for his upcoming birthday day instead of cake. So, I started Googling possible recipe names. OMJ – J is for Josh, my son. I found it! I may have to do a practice run first, can’t wait!

Jessica February 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Oh. My. Goodness!! I just pulled a batch of these out of the oven… and they are DELICIOUS! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! :)

Nita Riway February 27, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I just found your website.. your website is amazing!!
i read all the posts and thx for the cute fonts.
and this brownie makes me hungry!

nikki February 28, 2013 at 9:34 am

making this today! found it a couple of weeks ago and knew my family would love this! also had -almost- all the ingredients anyways. it’ll be the perfect dessert to go with our Braised short ribs and spinach avocado salads (can’t have too much healthiness) thanks for the AMAZING idea =D

Season March 2, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Is it really a tablespoon of vanilla or is that a misprint and you meant a teaspoon. Just didn’t want to put to much vanilla.. Thanks.

Sabrina March 4, 2013 at 8:55 am

Everything made of oreo cookies has to take amazing. The fact that theres a mention of brownies in the recipe as well promises food heaven!

Meredith March 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Hi! I made this recipe and it was amazing!!!!! I have a suggestion though: when I made these, they were a little too gooey for my liking. Some people love how gooey they are so you don’t have to consider it, but one of my friends made something like this but she made them in cupcake/muffin form! I am sure both of the recipes taste amazing but hers was a little more cooked. I don’t mean to make this comment negative in any way…just an idea!

Pam April 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I made these tonight and they are delicious! I used pre-made cookie dough (about 1 1/2 tubes), double stuff Oreos and family sized brownies (with no extra fudge sauce). I did not use waxed paper, but sprayed a glass dish and it was fine. The brownies came out easily. I might have baked them about 5 minutes too long uncovered. The cookie “crust” is not burnt exactly, but 5 minutes less might have been better. I did 30 minutes covered and I think 20 minutes uncovered. Not sure why some people have problems with their brownies not getting done all the way through…? Mine are fantastic!

Janet Adams April 10, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I can’t wait to try this Double Yummy Dessert!! I too, want to lick the screen! Thanks for posting this!

Claire April 17, 2013 at 5:02 pm

These are incredible. Thanks for the idea! I actually came across them via this blog, which seems to have stolen your recipe without crediting it (I was suspicious because this is a very American-style thing to think up, and hers is a UK-based blog). http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/06/slutty-brownies.html

Kristen F April 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Made this for my son last year, and he requested it again this year. This could become a tradition. ;-)

Shelagh May 9, 2013 at 4:34 am

OP should have at least had the decency to credit you for your amazing creation.

Janell May 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Oh my goodness just looking at this makes my teeth hurt it looks amazing I am so gonna try this I’m just wondering though do you think it would work with the cookie dough mix?

Marie May 10, 2013 at 8:38 pm
Donna Hanna May 15, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Awesome ! I just wrote the same thing !!!

SteveR May 14, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Great looking food!
Amy’s Bakery Company, Scottsdale, AZ (as featured on the most recent edition of Kitchen Nightmares) are sadly in the habit of passing off other peoples’ hard work as their own, as a look through their photos on FB will show. Here is a link to the image they’ve used from your blog:

Donna Hanna May 15, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Right on Steve !!!!

Regina May 14, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I think someone else mentioned this – but I was shocked to see your beautiful photo on this other site – they have such a drama story – and they are promoting their restaurant with your image (although they don’t directly say so….but they are a restaurant!!!) – love your photos and sweet recipes BTW!

Anonymous May 15, 2013 at 5:51 am

I’m surprised there aren’t more comments on this wonderful looking treat’s page. I was lead here from the horrific drama that is playing out with the criminals who stole this photo from you and posted it on their site as their own. I hope you prosecute the owners of Amy’s Baking Company to the fullest extent of the law.

Des May 15, 2013 at 6:35 am

I came here following the photo trail from ABC page – and I do have to say “Holy Cow” that looks amazing!

Chad May 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm
Mary May 16, 2013 at 10:29 am

I know others have informed you that another business is using your photo. I’m sure you already know that this is a violation of federal copyright law, and theat you are well within rights to take actino. Please see for yourself. http://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

Allie Harcharek May 16, 2013 at 10:38 am

Just so you know, your photo was stolen and used on Facebook and Yelp by Amy’s Baking Company, the restaurant that was featured on Kitchen Nightmares and is caught in a social media firestorm for being so outrageous. If I were you, I’d send them a C&D!

Erica May 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I am clearly “two years late” to the party, but I must add… You are not right! :) :)

Christina June 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I made two batches of these for birthdays for my class today. I used Pillsbury cookie dough, Pillsbury fudge brownies and double stuffed oreos. I only needed one pack of each thing for each batch so I’m not sure if there are different sizes to the oreos and the cookie dough but I just picked it up at Target and had no problems. I made mine in a glass pan with parchment paper. I followed what one commenter said (first 30 minutes covered and then 20 minutes uncovered). Mine needed a little longer. The first batch I went 15 minutes over which might have been a little too long and the second one 10 minutes over that. I will let everyone know how people like them tomorrow. But so far mine have turned out! AND LET THEM COOL BEFORE YOU CUT. I let them sit for an hour or more

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks June 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm

New your website and absolutely love it! This dessert looks out of this world good!

ania June 9, 2013 at 3:24 am

come to mama hahah ;D

Amber Martin June 13, 2013 at 11:48 am

AH! I’m so disappointed… I followed the directions, but my pan was too full. It took an extra thirty minutes to bake and the brownie sank to the bottom. What went wrong?

Emily June 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I made this for my friends and we all are wondering why we haven’t thought to do this before. Perfection.

Jenny June 21, 2013 at 1:46 pm

How do you tell when these are done? Looks awesome–I’m trying them for a family reunion.

debbie smith June 23, 2013 at 11:33 am

I have these in the oven right know to take to a neighbors fish fry tonight, I tried to make them a little healthier(LOL) by adding a rolo candy in the little space between the oreo’s in the oreo layer. and then will frost them with a dark chocolate frosting.

Ashley July 2, 2013 at 6:37 am

These are so yummy!!! I took the easy way out though and use the chocolate chip cookie dough mix that comes the pouches. :) I’ve also made them with peanut butter cups instead of oreos & they were a hit also. Such a great idea!! Love easy, fast & yummy recipes!!!

Comment Pages: « Previous1...23456Next »