- Kevin & Amanda's Recipes - http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes -
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli and Rice
Posted By Amanda On December 13, 2012 @ 1:00 am In Dinner / Main Dish | 112 Comments
8 slices bacon, diced
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup long grain white rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup diced onion
12 oz (about 4 cups) broccoli florets, roughly chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (10-oz) cans Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1. Add the diced bacon to a very large skillet or dutch oven and turn heat to medium high. Cook the bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season generously on both sides with salt and pepper. When the bacon is crisp, use a slotted spoon to remove to a plate. If needed to grease the bottom of the pan, add butter and olive oil to the skillet. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for five minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove the chicken to the plate with the bacon.
2. Add the rice, water, and salt to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 14 minutes. When done, remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, add the onion and broccoli to the skillet where you cooked the bacon and chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until broccoli is tender and onions are brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Top with tomatoes, rice, chicken and bacon and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
4. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the flour until just combined. Add in the chicken broth and stir well. Increase heat to high and cook until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add in cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, then pour in the skillet with the chicken and rice. Stir to combine and serve.
Makes 5 servings. Click here for Nutritional Information .
Article printed from Kevin & Amanda's Recipes: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes
URL to article: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/cheesy-chicken-bacon-broccoli-and-rice.html
URLs in this post:
 Nutritional Information: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/cheesy-chicken-bacon-broccoli-and-rice.html/attachment/cheesy-chicken-bacon-broccoli-rice-recipe
Copyright © 2008 kevinandamanda's Recipes. All rights reserved.