May 27, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-12

Pin It

On Wednesday, I wondered what would happen if you combined Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oreo Stuffed Brownies.

On Thursday I found out.

And on Friday…

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-09

I had this.

This beautiful, ridiculous, indulgent, outrageous, illegal in 48 states, totally wonderful ultimate layered cookie and brownie treat.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-10

It is without a doubt, completely and utterly insane.

But I mean that in a good way. Of course.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-11

These dangerously decadent chocolate chip cookie ‘n brownie bars combine the best of a gooey chocolate chip cookie, warm fudgy brownie, and an extra sweet double stuffed Oreo.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-01

All you need is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe (using a little less flour than you normally would), some double stuffed Oreos, a family-sized brownie mix for a 9×13 pan, and some hot fudge chocolate topping for good measure. I like to add a little of this to a store-bought brownie mix for extra fudgy brownies. I’m all about the extras, baby.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-02

Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. You don’t have to line it, but it sure makes it easier to get them out!

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-03

Whip up your cookie dough and spread it in the bottom of the pan.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-04

Cover with Oreos…

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-05

And pour on plenty of fudgy brownie batter.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-06

Pop this into a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes. Just look at those beautiful cookie and brownie layers already showing through.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-07

Oh, baby. Come to mama.

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-08

Who wants cookies? Who wants Oreos? Who wants brownies??

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-13

I cut the rest into mini bite-sized squares and packed them up for Kevin to take to work, gotta get these outta my house!

Hope you enjoy this Friday treat, have a fabulous weekend!

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips

Oreo
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos

Brownie
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix + eggs and oil as called for on the back of the box
1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.

2. For the Cookie Dough: Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of Oreos. Mix together brownie mix according to directions, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. Brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!!

*Place the pan in the fridge to speed up the cooling process, but plan on at least 2 hours for brownies to cool / set up completely.

*Feel free to use store-bought cookie dough to make this even easier!

Tags: ,

Kaitlyn May 30, 2011 at 12:01 am

Dear Amanda,

you have the best ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

Emily Wilkinson May 30, 2011 at 12:06 am

Oh mylanta, because I am definitely going to need some after eating this.

Molly in MN May 30, 2011 at 12:25 pm

So, I forgot the hot fudge in the brownies…do you think it’ll make a difference?

Sarah May 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm

OMG I’ve never seen anything like it, how did u even come up with the idea, I’m in heaven!

meghan May 30, 2011 at 6:17 pm

these are so delicious they should be illegal! made them for a memorial day cookout today and everyone enjoyed them :) great idea!

jolene May 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

omg brownies is what im gonna call them too lol thats an awesome name for them! btw how the heck do u stay so skinny! brat! :)

Kimberly May 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm

We did try the recipe, my daughter made them Sat night for a Sunday lunch, and then we had some left over for today’s Memorial Day picnic. Well everything everyone said in the comments was true, so true!!! They are fantastic, so delicious; everyone loved them. They are especially good, warm, yummo!!! Thanks, Amanda

Star Hughes May 31, 2011 at 12:52 am

Boy oh boy these look dangerous!!! But so yummy I might have to make them anyways and just pretend that I’m not expanding my waistline by the bite :) Great idea mixing those two recipes together – so creative and delicious!
~Star
Star Hughes Living

Eileen Sy May 31, 2011 at 5:47 am

OMG! as in oh my god! i’m drooling.. This really rocks! I will copy this one and try baking this. I hope I can get it perfect..Hoping to eat this brownie recipe now.. Perfect blog.

Amanda May 31, 2011 at 8:50 am

I made these Monday for a BBQ with friends. Let’s just say they were a hit and I was dubbed the dessert genius. I owe it to you my friend.

Meagann May 31, 2011 at 11:53 am

My friend and I made this last night and the husbands approved. haha :) it was DELISH!

Amber May 31, 2011 at 11:59 am

That is just out of control, Amanda……yum!

Michelle Phillips May 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Okay, so this one is coming to the office and yes everyone will eat!!!!!!!!!LOL thanks

Jennifer @ Licious Food May 31, 2011 at 3:17 pm

This looks like a HUGE bite of heaven! If I could gain weight through photos then I definitely gained some weight with all these delicious photos!

Kim@newlywoodwards May 31, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I made these last night. I mean, I had to. They are as sinful and delicious as they appear. So good, in fact, that I sent them to work with my husband today for fear of gaining 10 pounds from eating them all. They got rave reviews!

Beth R May 31, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Help me baby Jesus !

Connie the Cookie Monster June 1, 2011 at 1:32 am

OMG my eyes went like this O.O at the first picture. never has a picture of dessert done that to me. thanks for posting

Laura June 1, 2011 at 9:30 am

Wow these look amazing! Definitely low-cal.:)
I love reading your blog. The design tips and free fonts are so helpful.

Jessica June 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

This looked so good I just had to make it. I made it over the weekend and it was as good as it looks!!!! SO YUMMY! Thanks so much, this recipe is a keeper;)

Misty June 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Just put my first pan in the oven! Can’t wait to taste it!

Sharon June 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Oh MY! Amanda! These are so RICH! Check out my lil’ version, hint it’s a “Surprise”! Hope you had a relaxed Memorial Day! Thanks for your inspiration!:) http://steppingbackintimecherishedcookbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/ultimate-surprise-oreo-n-chocolate-chip.html

Jaime June 1, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Made these….love them! They were a big hit at TWO bbq’s this weekend (yes that’s how many bars it made!) It took a lot longer than yours did though…1 1/2 hours for the 9×13 size pan. It was worth the wait and oh so yummy! Thanks!

Carly June 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I read your blog all the time, and i am wondering how you indulge in all the yummy treats and still manage to stay totally fit and cute!! :) I am jealous. Love love your blog, and your outfits.. basically everything!

Kelly June 2, 2011 at 7:36 am

After gaining 5 lbs just by looking at your pics, I made these on Sunday, and they were AMAZING!!!!! Love, love, love.

Gloria June 2, 2011 at 9:36 am

Wanted to let you know, the moment I saw this amazing dessert…I went right out to buy the oreos and baked the scrumptious goods. All I can say is, thank goodness the neighborhood boys were here to eat the whole pan! Otherwise, it would have been calling my name til every last bit was gone! :)

The Food Hunter June 2, 2011 at 12:56 pm

WOW! what more can one say….WOW!

Laura June 2, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Hey Amanda! If short on time, would frozen cookie dough work as well???

Laura in SC

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker June 2, 2011 at 10:06 pm

You are a genius mad scientist, I love it!

Jodi June 2, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I made these last night for a baby shower pot-luck we had at work today – ridiculously, insanely good!!! They were gone in a flash, and people were raving about them nonstop… thanks for sharing!!

Michelle June 3, 2011 at 6:28 am

Wow!!!!!! This looks absolutely to die for!!!!! It contains each of my favorite treats all in one, I am so going to bake this for my family this weekend, thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!

Michelle Torres
decorater4life@aol.com

Misty June 3, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I made these and brought them to a luncheon at work today! I got really good positive feedback… they didn’t get to eat them warm or with ice cream, but they still enjoyed gaining the ten pounds from each bite! lol Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Katherine @ thekatsmeow2.blogspot.com June 3, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I have tried both the chocolate chip cookie stuffed with an oreo as well as the brownie stuffed with an oreo and BOTH were delicious! CANNOT WAIT TO TRY THIS :)

June Bowman June 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I really enjoy the recipes for salmon…

Leslie June 5, 2011 at 1:04 pm

These brownies are in the oven right now–I’m giddy with anticipation of that first decadent bite!! Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet } June 5, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Impressive! I have never seen or eaten anything like this before. I am saving this recipe and making it. Just found your blog and really enjoy it. Have a great week ahead!! :-)

Theresa June 5, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I made this yesterday but I cheated and used the “cookie dough tube”. I just let it soften so it would be easier to spread and press into the bottom of the pan. Tasted SO good and was mega easy.

TidyMom June 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

OMG Amanda……..I think I popped a few buttons just reading this! lol
Looks and sounds AMAZING! I know I’m going to have to make this for my family!

Jamie @ See Jamie blog June 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm

This looks so yummy I think it’s probably illegal in some countries. ;)

Yoda June 9, 2011 at 11:55 am

My very first thought was insane! As in way delicious. Also, thinking about trying some marshmallow fluff over the Oreos. Just a wee bit :)

Sheena June 9, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Amanda, these were wonderful! I printed off your recipe and left work early Monday to go home and make these in time for dinner… I forgot your recipe at work and decided just to use my own cookie dough recipe and the only thing I forgot was to add the hot fudge sauce in the brownie batter. So there it was sitting in the pan ready to be put in the oven, but missing the fudge. So I just scooped a bunch out of the jar, plopped it on top and swirled it as best as I could. They Came out sooooo nice! I did use an 11X15 pan cause I couldn’t find my 9X13, and they still are so thick! I will be making these and bringing them to my coworkers next week as well as to my next family bbq. Thanks for giving me a new killer recipe!

Heather June 9, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Holy Yumminess. I HAVE to try this. WOWZA. I want one NOW.

Jessica June 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I want you to know I am making these right now and I am SO excited!!! Thank you for the amazing idea :)

Aimee June 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Good Heavens, when did you turn evil?

It can be the only explanation for posting this gorgeous recipe when I still have 40 pounds til my goal weight.

Once I hit that goal, though……I think I’ll have to make these to celebrate. ;)

Megan from Stay Sew Creative June 13, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Oh my God!! I just saw this on Pinterest and had to repin it. I can’t wait to try it. This is over the top!! My kids are going to love this! Thanks!!

Stephanie June 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm

So you’ve just ruined my running plan. I have to make this now!!!

tlcarter June 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I know I’m late to this party, but these awesome looking treats are in the oven as I type! Can’t wait to try them and share them with friends and coworkers!

Mia June 19, 2011 at 2:57 am

Seriously Amanda, this was the most delicious treat I ever had! I made them the other day when I was sick and needed a pick me up! Keep posting such awsome posts! :)

This is how mine turned out

Georgia Pellegrini June 20, 2011 at 11:25 am

Wow, this looks spectacular!

Lucy Lean June 20, 2011 at 11:50 am

This really isn’t for the faint hearted – do you always go all out in your baking?!

theurbanbaker June 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

that is one fabulous creation, Amanda. I love all the layers and although I generally don’t buy store-bought cookies, I may have to make an exception! x

Lindsey June 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I made these for a cook-out over the weekend, and people couldn’t stop talking about them!!! Next time I make them (which may be VERY soon) I plan to use the peanut butter Oreos instead of the double stuffed! As if they couldn’t be more over the top! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] June 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Looking at these photos makes me unable to work. I am officially unproductive right now!

Amanda June 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm

“illegal in 48 states”

I am willing to be put away for a long, long time for these. ;)

Kaitlyn June 20, 2011 at 12:46 pm

This was the best dessert I have ever ate! I used summer oreos so there was a fun blue surprise in the middle! Thanks for sharing!

Esi June 20, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I’m trying very hard not to lick my computer screen.

Kristen June 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Oh my goodness… I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at that!

TidyMom June 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm

ONE word…………. WOW!
wiping my drool now

Tam June 22, 2011 at 12:56 am

I’m not sure if I just had a heart-attack, or came a little… I suspect a little of both! These look soooooooooooo good and sooooooooooo delightfully trashy!

Leila moussA June 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Sinfull. Creative. Stunning pics. The most yummy dessert i have seen in a year! I just showed the pics to my husband…he said:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh……guess i need to go shopping tomorrow!

Susan J June 23, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Evil! Pure evil! Drooling!

Carolyn June 23, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Ok so you’re killing me. I’m pregnant, and I need this NOW! :)

Kristen June 23, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I am veganizing this right now! I cannot wait.

eileensideways June 27, 2011 at 6:18 pm

yummy. is it safe to put wax paper in the oven?

Nikki/WhiMSy love June 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

WOWZERS! These look A-MAZING! I found this via Pinterest & am planning on making them for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow! Hoping it’ll work with those instant tubes of cookie dough—I’ve got a busy day & not a lot of time for bakin’! Thanks so much for a fun treat!!

Lisa~~ June 28, 2011 at 10:16 pm

My daughter and I made this recipe today and oh so decadent. I posted here on my blog and linked back to you . Thanks for the recipe.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

J. Ann June 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Dear god I just made these tonight and they BEYOND delicious!!! As a side note, I love your recipe for the chocolate chip cookies – they are delicious on their own. The only thing I tweaked was using Semi-Sweet chocolate chips since I’m not a big milk chocolate person and for the brownies I used a box of Ghiradelli Doubloe Chocolate Mix. I’m going to bring this batch into work tomorrow and then I am going to make these again for a BBQ on Saturday. THANK YOU for sharing!

Tee June 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I just made these. amazing. hands down amazing.

mels July 1, 2011 at 6:51 am

hi amanda! i’m soooooo in love with this recipe! will definitely try it this weekend…. :) you have a really great blog!

lindsey grace July 3, 2011 at 4:53 pm

just got finished making them! taking them to a picnic tonight! i’m CERTAIN they will be a hit!! pretty sure i won’t have any left to bring home!

Kristina July 12, 2011 at 11:24 am

OMG!!!!!!! I think I’m in love!!!!

Erin Naughton July 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I made these for camp this past weekend…OMG! They are so good and so naughty!!

Kelly July 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

Okay, I made this last night to bring to work for a birthday today. Haven’t tasted it yet but am sure it will be dee-lish!

One thing though: has anyone had issues using the wax paper as a liner? I did as your photos show, and lined the bottom and sides with wax paper, leaving an inch or two to help pull the dessert out when it’s done baking. About 10 minutes after putting it into the oven, I smelled something weird, opened the door, and out came a cloud of steamy smoke. I hurried to Google and found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wax_paper. So I immediately cut off any protruding wax paper [while trying not to burn my fingers] and popped it back into the oven. All was fine after that.

Question: Would parchment paper work better, as it’s safer to bake with than wax paper? Maybe you should put a disclaimer on the recipe so another poor soul doesn’t burn down their kitchen as I almost did! :]

Thanks! Can’t wait to eat it this afternoon!

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker July 14, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. That first picture loaded painfully slowly on my laptop, and every time a bit more revealed itself my jaw slowly dropped a bit more too. These really should be illegal, why create these in summer beach season whyyyy! You are an evil genius :)

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum July 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Um, what? These are ridiculously delicious looking. I think I want to make them NOW.

Sweet MeltDown July 19, 2011 at 9:15 am

We made this for a family BBQ on Sunday… Needless to say, it’s all gone. Next time we make it, we’re thinking of crushing the Oreos as a layer instead of whole cookies.

Brenna July 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Amanda- the photo of this recipe is all over Pinterest!!

Aimee July 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

I made these last night but used Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups instead of Oreos….they are quite possibly the best bar I have ever had!

Sondre July 20, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Saw this on Pinterest.com and am definitely going to make it. But I had to comment when I saw the picture of you two. War Eagle, Baby! haha Both my kids are there (daughter will be a junior this fall and my son just started grad school) and I’m making the cookie/oreo/brownie yumminess to take them when I go out this weekend. Thanks! :D

wanillah July 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm

i made this it was sooo good. doesn’t look as neat as yours though: http://wanillah.tumblr.com/post/7891440783/made-this-yesterday-layered-chocolate-chip-cookie

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less July 26, 2011 at 8:36 am

Wow this dessert is crazy!!! It definitely combines three of my favorite things, and given that I only have a few more weeks of being pregnant, I think I need to try making these brownies now while I still have a good excuse to indulge in such delicious desserts!

Amanda-The Sweet Details July 26, 2011 at 8:48 am

Hey! Just thought I’d let you know that I featured this post on my blog today. Hope that’s ok :)

Kat July 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm

This is insane and I must try it. But I think I might switch the oreos for Reese’s Peanut Butter cups :)

Bonky, Chonky and Chonkerella's Mamaa July 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Have mercy. Totally making this. It’s recipes with such goodness that compel me to exercise. : 0 )

The Nanny July 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Oh my word, I found this on pinterest.com and just can’t stop looking at it…need.to.make.this!
I’m going to spend insane amounts of money at the expat/US food store here in London to recreate this for my birthday!
My hips thank you ;-)

Susan with siasforsweets@q.com August 6, 2011 at 7:56 pm

one kind of word… yumolicious!

Debbie Straniero August 7, 2011 at 12:08 am

Lauren : Girl you have now lost it ….. Your a crazy Person Certifide…….But Love You ….. Esp. When you come up with Goodies like this … I’m on Nutrisystem…Thanks.. LOVE YOU TO. ME/Deb

Debbie Straniero August 7, 2011 at 12:09 am

Lauren : I’M number 188 on your list……Nice Number…

Aubrie August 7, 2011 at 3:16 am

After seeing this recipe late one night I woke up dreaming about brownies so after the morning workout I felt deserving of THIS treat. OMG is to say the least. It was amazing! So amazing I had to packaged what’s left of it and drop it off to family and friends within hours because I know I can sit down and finish it off by the end of the weekend. Thanks so much for sharing! Love your blog!

Cortney August 9, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Found this via pintrest. All my FAVORITE things in one! OMG! I’m on weight watchers and this is the last thing I need. But I’m def. gonna try it! Thankfully weightwatchers allows for moments like this! HA! It also helps I have a house full of boys so I’ll be lucky to get just one anyway. :) Thank the lord.

Karen August 10, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Just made these. can’t wait for my kids to try them later.
Thanks!!

Michael Ann Riley August 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Oh my lordy!! MUST TRY THIS!

Emily August 16, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Can I please eat this raw? I think it would be even more devilish than the cooked version. *Swoon*

Reggie August 21, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I’m pretty sure this isn’t legal in Alabama! But will give it a try when someone shows up to help me eat it.

Vanida August 22, 2011 at 2:04 am
kristi kelley August 26, 2011 at 11:46 pm

in the oven right now…15 minutes left…so excited!!!

Ashley Riley August 27, 2011 at 9:12 pm

A friend sent this to me via facebook–for some reason they *know* I’ll make it. I I made it tonight. AUsome! yes, you read that right. War Eagle!

Katie August 28, 2011 at 12:14 am

Made these today and they are AMAZING! Seriously the most deliciously decadent dessert I’ve made in a while. I have had way more than even my sweet tooth can handle and will need to give them away ASAP! Thank you for sharing such a treat!

Dan August 30, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh gosh you made me SO hungry for chocolate now! I would really be in heaven if I had some of this right now!/

Kara August 30, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I made these! Brought them to our family reunion. They didn’t last 30 min on the table!! A massive horde of teenage boys came through and they were GONE. They really are as sinful as they look! Amazing.

lynn @ the actors diet August 31, 2011 at 1:21 pm

love it! this is bananas! i mean, if you added bananas it might be….

Comment Pages: « Previous12345...6Next »