Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
You GUYS. This Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta is out of this world!!! Salsa verde and gooey pepper jack cheese kick this chicken pasta over the top. I seriously cannot get over it. It is so ultra creamy and cheesy!
So gooey! So creamy! So cheesy!!! This is one you will seriously make over and over!!!
And check out how ridiculously easy it is. This is all you need! Pasta, cream, chicken broth, salsa verde, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and shredded cheese.
Start by cutting the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through.
Remove those beautiful golden chicken nuggets to a plate. I could seriously just eat these as a meal!
In the same skillet add the broth, salsa verde, cream, pasta, and salt and pepper to taste. I use about 1/2 teaspoon each.
Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Turn off the heat, then add the chicken and cheese and stir to combine until smooth and creamy. I am using Pepper Jack cheese for a little extra kick. Goes great with the salsa verde! :)
If desired, top with a little more shredded cheese and broil in the oven until golden and bubbly.
So, so, fabulous.
Garnish with a little parsley or cilantro if desired.
Gooey, creamy, cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta! We love this one!! :)
Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta
Yield: 5 servings.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces (about 1-inch cubes). Season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the chicken and 1 cup of cheese to the skillet. Stir until smooth and creamy. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and broil in the oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!! :)